View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2007, 2:10 pm
Fifth Year

Re: "separated by a common language"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger1 View Post
And australian cup sizes are different again, yes?
In Australia a cup is 250ml, a teaspoon is 5ml and a tablespoon is 20ml. The cup and teaspoon measurements are the same in NZ, Canada and the UK but in these 3 countries a tablespoon is 15ml. I attempted to get the USA conversions but I couldn't find consistent numbers!

This site may be useful for some people. It describes several measurement conversions and also has this useful information about flour:
Quote:
US & UK all purpose and plain flour can be interchanged without any adjustments. US cake flour is lighter however, and can be substituted with 1 cup minus 3 Tbsp. of all purpose/plain flour, and add 3 Tbsp. of cornstarch or potato flour to make the full cup. Self rising flour can be made by substituting 1 cup of all purpose/plain flour minus 2 tsp., and add 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt to make the full cup. US whole wheat flour is interchangeable with UK wholemeal flour.
I can give no guarantee that the above will work

The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not. In either case the idea is quite staggering.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.

Arthur C. Clarke (19172008)
Sponsored Links