View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2005, 8:01 pm
(Still) The Nicest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redemptionburns
Mmm.. if you find it out there on the Internet from a source saying that 'Harry Potter and blah blah is almost certainly the title of JK's seventh book'.. then it's most likely not. She'd be very careful with those sorts of things.

I like the Harry Potter and the End of the Beginning though. But here's a pattern I've noticed.. the titles have always gone from object, location, person. See:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (object)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (location)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (person)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (object)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (location.. sort of)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (person)

If JK Rowling follows this pattern, the next book will probably have the target of an object.
I have to agree with you about the object for book 7. I am thinking, however, that Order of the Pheonix is more of a group of people than a place. The reason I say this is that in book 5 Harry's adventures always have the Order as a group involved somehow. The place is only really involved in the beginning of the book. Taking the pattern into consideration, however, it works much better as a place.

Now about the object, I don't think it will be anything we have seen thus far as this was the case in all previous books; we were never introduced to it until we saw it in the title. Given this, I think we can discount all horcruxes, and anything we as a reader have been introduced to. Personally, I think that it has something to do with Lily's eyes, but not her eyes directly. Lily's eyes have been reinforced continually throughout the series, except we know very little about them. JKR herself has said that Lily's eyes are very important. We also know that as JKR has eluded to it that this is the key to the series. (The piece of information that makes everything in the series make sense) Whatever the item may be, I think that Harry will find it mid book, just as he did with all the other people, items, and places in the title.

So my guess, Harry Potter and the Item that Makes Lily's Eyes Important or Harry Potter and the Item that the Key to the Series Hinges Upon. Of course, one would replace the phrases with the actual item name.

Check out TheDailyExcuse for icons, graphics, and additional exciting items!

No Vampires Included.....well maybe a few.

Occasionally you need to jump off a cliff and do things you know are not immediately within your grasp.
Sponsored Links