View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 6:34 pm
Third Year

Re: HP Book 7 Fanfic

WARNING!! MAJOR HBP SPOILERS!!

**The part where I mention about searching the cabinet and finding the locket no one could open, that information was stolen from the Mugglenet.com's What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7?. But I had thought of the idea that Regalus stole the horcrux even before that book was written.

PART 4: EXPLANATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS

Harry looked around the room. Everything looked damp, old, and derelict. The floor was dusty and peeling on the ends. "Wow... no one's been here in a long time. I guess since the Order started meeting at McGonagall's place, no one's been caring for the house," Harry said.

"Yeah," Hermione said, glancing around the room, "I just hope we'll be able to find it..."

"Hermione, if you're going to explain yourself, you might want to do it now," Ron said, slightly annoyed.

"Well, this will take a while. I suggest you sit down."

Abandoning their suitcases, Harry, Ron, and Hermione went down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was even worse than the hall they had entered in. The place had a musty smell to it, and cobwebs coated the ceiling. Ron pulled out a chair from the table. Suddenly, he backed away, shrinking in fear.

"What? What is it, Ron?" Hermione asked.

"It's a sp-... it's a sp-..." Ron stuttered, unable to speak.

Harry and Hermione walked around the table and pulled out Ron's chair. Hermione rolled her eyes. Ron's chair was covered in spiders. Harry sighed and dusted it off. "There? Happy? Now Hermione... explain," Harry said. They sat down.

Hermione told them that about why her research in the library at Hogwarts had failed her. In her words, "It wasn't a famous person who stole Voldemort's Horcrux."

"Then it could be anyone! How do you know who it was?" Harry said quickly.

"I narrowed it down to one person," Hermione explained, "One person who knew Voldemort's power and decided to come back to the good side. But, as Sirius said, 'You don't just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It's a lifetime service or death.' Oh for goodness sake Ronald, get a grip." Hermione suddenly gasped and put her hand over her mouth. She had forgotten about Sirius's death.

Harry turned away from Hermione. He had been touchy about Sirius's death, but he knew he couldn't be sad all the time. Before Bill and Fleur's wedding, the topic of Sirius had come up at the dinner table. Harry had looked away pointedly, trying to ignore what they were saying, but he heard Hermione's whisper. She had said, "This isn't what Sirius would have wanted, you being sad all the time." Harry normally would have jumped at her for even mentioning something like that to him, but he knew Hermione meant well.

"It's okay Hermione," Harry said softly, "I really don't mind anymore."

Hermione's expression cleared, and she continued talking. "Well, you know what this means then, don't you? R.A.B. is Sirius's brother, Regalus Black!"

Harry and Ron were taken back. Regalus, the Death Eater, steal Voldemort's horcrux? But he couldn't be... Harry thought for a moment. Then, it all clicked. Harry pulled out a long chain from his neck. It was the fake locket, and Harry now wore it at all times. He opened the front and took out the note. "I will be dead long before you read this..." Harry said, "It's because he was a Death Eater! He knew that Voldemort was going to be after him because he had stolen his horcrux! And when Lupin said Sirius's brother only lasted 3 days after escaping Voldemort, that must have been when he stole the Horcrux! But did he destroy it..."

"That's why we're here," Hermione said, "I think you both might remember the day we were cleaning out the cabinet?"

"Oh yeah..." Ron said, "I remember that. Wait a minute, are you saying that the locket we found, the one that no one could open, is the horcrux?"

"Exactly!" Hermione said happily, "The question is, where is it?"

"Let's split up. We can cover more ground faster," Harry said.

All that night they searched for the locket. It was tedious work, considering the house had regained most of the disgusting creatures that the Weasley's, Harry, and Hermione had worked hard on last summer to destroy. Ron came down the stairs yelling about a suitcase that tried to rip his leg off.

Finally, Hermione's voice trailed in from the kitchen. "I think I've found it!" she said when Harry and Ron entered. "Look..."

It looked like a plain, silver locket. How were they supposed to know if it was Slytherin's?

"May I...?" Harry asked. Hermione nodded and gave it to him. "Revealisis," Harry muttered, pointing his wand at the locket. It shone bright green for several moments. Then, green jewels started appearing on the front of the locket, spreading into an S formation.

"Yep... That's Slytherin's locket," Harry said. Hermione had watched the whole episode in awe. She stood up abruptly and knocked Harry over with a hug.

"Maybe I did manage to teach you something after all," she said. Harry and Ron laughed.

"Come on... let's take a look at it," Hermione said, standing up and walking over to the kitchen table. They followed and sat down.

"Maybe I can open it," Hermione said. She tried, but when that didn't work, she pulled out her wand. Harry heard her mutter a spell. The inside of the locket burned bright, then there was a soft 'click'. Hermione opened the locket. It was empty. She pointed her wand at it and said several more spells, but nothing happened.

"What exactly are you trying to do, Hermione?" Ron asked.

"I'm trying... I don't think... it might be... it's not," she said examining the locket.

"I hate it when she does that," Ron whispered to Harry, " She makes me feel so stupid sometimes." Harry held back his laughter.

"It's not a horcrux," Hermione said finally. Harry and Ron stared.

"How do you know?" Harry asked.

"Because I have a book on horcruxes. It's a very dark book, but it wasn't mine until quite recently."

A million questions exploded in Harry's mind. "Where did you get it? When did you get it? Who gave it to you?"

"Well... er... I...," Hermione mumbled, "You see, Dumbledore gave it to me."

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FEEDBACK LIES HERE! PLEASE POST SOME!

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; October 7th, 2007 at 6:50 am.
Sponsored Links