View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2007, 7:14 am
Third Year

Re: HP Book 7 Fanfic

MAJOR HBP SPOILERS!!! If you're still reading the HBP, I suggest you stop reading the story.

PART 6:THE BOOK OF HORCRUXES

Harry and Ron stared at Hermione, speechless.

Harry was the first to speak. "What?"

"Didn't you hear me?," Hermione answered, "Dumbledore -"

"Yes, I know, I know. But why did he give it to you, not me?" Harry said.

"Well... Dumbledore knew I was the "know-it-all" of the group, so he gave it to me. He entrusted me to show it to you at the right moment. And I thought now would be the right time, since we actually found one!" Hermione became excited at the mention of the horcrux.

"Who gave it to Dumbledore?" Ron asked.

"I asked him, and he said Sirius did," Hermione quickly glanced at Harry, who said nothing. "You know how his family was... And, according to Dumbledore, the book was found in Regalus's room."

"That explains a lot..." Ron said quietly.

"Let's see the book then, shall we?" Harry said.

Hermione dashed up the stairs. About five minutes later, she came back down with a black book in her hands. The purple lettering on the front spelled out The Book of Horcruxes. Harry took the book from her hands and flipped through it. It's pages were yellow and old. The first chapter was, "What is a horcrux?" Harry saw several other pages filled with spells to make the horcrux and to find and conceal one.

"This is one book Riddle would die for," Ron said, peering over Harry's shoulder in awe.

Harry kept staring at the book, deep in thought.

A little more than a month had passed of examining the book and searching for answers. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had Apparated to the Leaky Cauldron, where they visited a local wizarding library in Diagon Alley every day. There, they had mapped out where Voldemort's remaining horcruxes might be. All, that is, except two.

"But what could it be! It's not an object of Gryffindor's, McGonagall is guarding the only one that exists. If it's an object of Ravenclaw's, what is it!" Hermione screamed in frustration.

"Keep your voice down, Hermione," Harry hissed. Hermione glared at him.

Harry and Ron were sitting in front of a table covered in papers. Harry picked up a sheet that read:

1. Hufflepuff's goblet
2. Slytherin's locket
3. Marvolo's ring
4. Nagini - snake
5. Something of Ravenclaw's/Gryffindor's
6. Riddle's diary
7. Riddle

There was a check next to Slytherin's locket, Marvolo's ring, and Riddle's diary.

Ron picked up a book from the stack beside his chair. All of the books were about Rowena Ravenclaw, her life, her home, her most treasured possesions, and anything else that could be written about her. Ron had several pages marked. "Look here..." he said, pointing to a page in the book The Hogwarts Founders: Their History and Lives. There was a picture of a beautiful blue and white castle. Next to this picture, there was a smaller one of a room piled with gold and jewels. There was a caption underneath both of them.

"Rowena Ravenclaw lived in her castle with only her house elves. Hermione whispered, "She was a very rich woman with no relatives. All of her gold and jewels were kept in the royal treasury, which was hidden deep in the castle. The place where the treasury happens to be is currently unknown. Researchers are still trying to find it. This must be where the horcrux is hidden! It's too much of a coincidence! Ravenclaw was a genius, she must have put all the protection spells she could on the treasury. And with Voldemort's extra barriers, no one could find it unless they knew where it was!"

"But what about Hufflepuff's horcrux?" Ron asked.

"I think I know where it's hidden," Harry said suddenly. He stood up. "Voldemort hides them in places with significance, am I correct?" Ron and Hermione nodded. "The cave, Ravenclaw's house, and Marvolo's house were important places," Harry continued, "I know another important place that hasn't been mentioned. The first place that Voldemort (shut up Ron!) could ever call home. Did anyone ever think that he might have hidden one of his horcruxes in Hogwarts?"

POST FEEDBACK!!! PLEASE... YOU KNOW YOU WANNA....

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; October 7th, 2007 at 6:53 am.
Sponsored Links