View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2007, 1:53 am
Third Year

Re: HP Book 7 Fanfic

PART 16: REVENGE AT A PRICE

Ginny was in the forest again. It was the same dream, and the same thing kept replaying in front of her. Harry kissing Emma.

Ginny felt like running up, pulling Emma off him, and strangling her. Ginny was the one who loved Harry. Ginny should have been kissing him. It should have been Ginny in his arms. It just wasn't fair! She ran through the woods, not caring that tree branches were scratching her face and tearing her clothes. She finally stopped and bent over to think.

She wanted revenge. Ginny wanted revenge on Harry for betraying her.

"I can help you there." It was that voice again! That creepy voice in all of her dreams. Harry said it was Voldemort, but how could she know he wasn't lying to her that time too?

"I can help you get revenge on Harry. But I need something from you," the voice said.

Ginny really wanted that revenge. And she would do anything to get it. If her conscious wanted to help her, she was all for it. But what was this price she had to pay?

"The price," the voice continued, as though reading her mind, "is that I need you. I need you to help me get revenge on someone."

Ginny was surprised. Her, help this voice? How could she do something like that? She was no brilliant mind, after all. But if this voice was going to help her get revenge on Harry, then she didn't care what she had to do. All she could feel at the moment was anger towards Harry. Indescribable anger. And for Harry, that wasn't a good sign. Ginny would do whatever it took to get back at someone when she was mad.

"I'll do it," Ginny said finally. "I'll help you if you help me."

"Good, good... well then, the official contract lies in front of you. Go ahead, sign," the voice said.

Ginny looked in front of her. There was a piece of yellow parchment with fading, silver words. Next to the it, a gold quill was floating in the air. If she wasn't angry, Ginny would have read the parchment to make sure she knew what she was getting into. But Ginny was very angry, and angry people don't usually think - they rush into things. Instead, she breifly scanned it, not thuroughly checking it. She caught words such as, "revenge" and "Harry Potter". That suited her enough. She would sign.

"Come on now, hurry up," the voice said impatiently from above her. Her thoughts melted away as she picked up the quill. She looked for the signing spot. It was at the bottom of the parchment. It was a long line with an 'x' on the left side. The quill scratched on the paper as she signed her name:

Ginevra Molly Weasley

The page disappeared. There was a cackle of laughter that did not soothe Ginny's feelings. Her anger had suddenly turned into fear. She was thinking about signing the parchment without reading it. The only thought that crossed her mind was: What have I done!?

She stared at the wood around her, searching for the voice. Come to think of it, she didn't even know the voice's name! How could she accept an offer from a voice of someone whom she didn't know? The woods were now black. It was still night, like it always was, with one difference. The moon had gone out.

Ginny woke up, startled. She looked around to see what woke her. It was the morning owl, delivering the Daily Prophet. She grabbed several coins from her bedside table and shoved them into the bag tied around it's foot.

"Go on, scat," Ginny said, harshly, "I've got things to think about. And I don't need an owl here, to top it off." The owl looked extremely ruffled, but did not fly away without biting her finger.

"OUCH!" Ginny yelled. She sat up on her bed and stuck the red finger in her mouth. But then she remembered her dream. What was she going to do? She had been so careless, so angry, and so stupid. She didn't want to hurt Harry. She loved him, even if he didn't love her. But this voice thought she wanted to get revenge on Harry, and now she had signed this official contract, she had no choice. And she didn't even know the contract said!

"I feel like an idiot!" she said. Ginny groaned and fell backwards onto the bed.

Her mother's voice called from the kitchen. "Ginny? Did you scream? Was it another bad dream?"

Ginny stopped to think. Should she tell her mum? No. This was none of her business. Her mum didn't even know that Ginny loved Harry. And it would be to much to explain at the moment. She got out of bed and walked to her slighly open bedroom door.

"I'm fine Mum," Ginny said, "Yeah, it was a bad dream. A really bad dream..."

Fred and George walked into the room, still in his night clothes. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. George began talking. "Honestly, Ginny. You never have nightmares."

"But you've been waking up, screaming to them all the time!" Fred chimed in.

"Waking us up too..." George muttered under his breath.

"Ginny, you really need to sit in a corner and sort out your priorities," Fred finished. The twins left the room.

I really do, Ginny thought miserably. I really, really do.

"LUKE... I... AM... YOUR...
MOTHER!"
WAITS A MOMENT, THEN... "HEY, WHO WROTE THE SCRIPT?"

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; March 29th, 2008 at 7:51 am.
Sponsored Links