View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2007, 10:08 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
Thanks for the comments, guys, much appreciated. I've just gone back and corrected a few little things (like I slipped and had Narcissa saying Snape was Draco's favorite student ). I'm making some touch-ups on the next scene, as I've really just started this one. As I really have no life, I'm working on DH as well, so I've spent more time on that one.

I know exactly what you mean. In fact, what's there now is really just a placeholder. Saying "his father" just seems a bit unnatural to me; I mean, why wouldn't Narcissa just use Lucius' name when talking to Snape? However, I do agree with the notion of giving the audience another small surprise and realizing that she was talking about Malfoy and beginning the suspicion toward him right when Harry does. How about just "It is only punishment for what happened at the Ministry?" I mean, it's a line that would never make sense to those who hadn't seen OotP, but then again, I'm really writing this movie as a sequel, and I think if you're walking into the sixth movie, chances are you've seen the fifth.

And here's a question: can you imagine the dialogue I do have now coming from Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, and Helen McCrory? Because I do really want to write an HP movie I'd be happy with, and part of that is writing to the actors' rythms and speech patterns as we've seen them, even if this isn't the real script, obviously. Do you know what I mean, or am I just overcomplicating this to point of insanity?

Calm down. Take a deep breathe...there you go...theereeee you goooo.

I understand everything you're saying lol. The thing about it is I wrote my HBP script long before the film came out so I will of course rewrite to make it fit in what happened in the 5th movie. Also I'm always doing the characters voices and making the faces I'd think they'd make when I'm writing it I know I'm weird but I really understand your 'writing to the actors rythms'

Sponsored Links