View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:50 pm
First Year

Re: Underground Lake #40 - The Deathly Hallows Underground Theory

Hi Brandon,

nice editorial! I like your ideas. Jo ties more meanings to one thing and leaves more interpretations open to some things in the books. When contemplating on Deathly Hallows, I became deeply convinced that the title has several meanings. One of the main things that bothers me is that some people ponder too much on Deathly Hallows being one thing, instead of realizing that it's a plural!

Another thing which strikes me is the interpretation of Deathly. I don't know why there's so much attention on the Hallows, while Deathly gives us some clues too. When you would translate it in Dutch (my native language) and retranslate it in English, it would become something like 'dead-ish' or 'like dead/appearing dead'. This could very well point toward the horcruxes, because they are inanimate objects, but containing a piece of a living soul, so they appear to be 'dead objects'. Another idea is that Deathly refers to people that appear to be dead.

Death is an important facet in the Potter books, almost in a Shakespearian manner. We have had clues and discussion, but I think we may say with certainty that the last word about the dead hasn't been said! -- James, Lily, Cedric, Sirius, Dumbledore, all characters we'd like to see more of. And I think we will see more of them and therefore I like your theory about the veil, being a 'beyond' world where those who appear to be dead, are yet alive. They are the Deathly and they will aid Harry for the sake of Love - the greatest magic.

How, when, what, will be a mystery until we read the final book, but like I've said in several other threads, Jo told us that book 7 will reveal her religious thoughts and ain't Life and Death very religiously loaded subjects? And isn't it very Christian to believe in the promise of the Eternal Life? What does this mean for Harry's actions in book 7, being so influenced by Dumbledore's preaching of Love and standing up for others?

Maybe a Seer could say... thanks again!

“Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.”

- Dumbledore's man through and through -

Last edited by Pearl84; July 1st, 2007 at 11:52 pm.
Sponsored Links