View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2007, 3:38 pm
Sixth Year

Re: A Possible Voldemort Takeover of Hogwarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Godric View Post
Voldemort and the Death Eaters are going to be out in the open fairly early on in Deathly Hallows. Dumbledore is gone, and Voldemort does not fear the Ministry, nothing is holding him back now from coming out in full force. I don't think it is a question if Voldemort is going to take over Hogwarts. Hagrid mentions to Harry the first time he ever meets him in PS/SS that Voldemort never attempted to take over Hogwarts, although this was early on, we know that it was because of Dumbledore, and with Dumbledore gone, what is stopping Voldemort and his "army" from attacking the castle? Just when will he do it, and will he be successful are the questions we should be asking.
That's pretty much what I think, although for the sake of dramatic timing I think that Voldemort coming into the open and gaining more and more overt power is going to form the backdrop for Harry's Horcrux quest, leading to a final confrontation at the castle. If Harry ends up out of contact long enough, he may even return to find England almost completely under Voldie's control except for Hogwarts and some decent sized surrounding area. Nice dramatic shock. Then you can have the final confrontation.

That's actually what I thought the US cover showed: Voldie and his army have finally blown down the main door to the great hall (the rubble and "open ceiling" with columned walls) and Harry challenged Voldemort to a one on one duel because the order is probably going to lose a straight fight. Being the madman he is, Voldemort accepts, and he gets zorched good and proper this time.

Harry loses it again.
Sponsored Links