View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2006, 8:26 pm
Zonko's Employee

Re: What are your movie pet peeves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Fowl_2
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

What was that tripe about, anyway?
Many HP fans, for all their obsessiveness, don't really understand what is important in the books and what is not. The various conspiracy theories prove this: is Dumbledore kinda evil? is Molly kinda evil? Is Dumbledore Ron? Or Hedwig? And don't forget the gum wrappers folly.

Kloves, for all the abuse he gets from the fans (who invariably want more Quidditch and other trivia), ignores such wacky "theories" and grasps the essentials. His development of Lily in PoA was on the money: not until Books 5 and 6 did the author indicate that Lily's kindness and loveable qualities would be crucial.

The ending of GoF, despite its interminable length and clumsy lines, emphasizes the importance of Voldemort taking Harry's blood. Moody mentions it; Crouch draws attention to it. We are shown the wound and it is compared to the Dark Mark. This is before audiences discover (in Film 5) that Voldemort marked Harry, and well before audiences discover (in Film 6) that Harry's blood is more precious than Dumbledore's.

The film is better than the book #1: Brokeback Mountain

If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience
would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.

Alfred Hitchcock
Sponsored Links