View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2018, 5:16 am
Curse Breaker

Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Just saw the episode.

Hated it.

Spoiler: show
Surprise! Scully is pregnant!

CSM gets shot and killed.

William is a you know what.

Chris Carter is a douche.

I'm way over this show.
Spoiler: show
Ok, do you hate the episode or perhaps the likely fact that there will be no more x-files with Scully & Mulder? -- personally, I don't think there can be an x-files without Scully & Mulder and I wouldn't watch anything Carter might write without them. The way I see it, it's better we have 10 & 11 than just where the original series left us with nothing clearly answered.

Yes, Scully is pregnant. It could have gone either way, really, because the doctors that were complicit with the program constantly lied to her (in addition to abusing her), and/or they could have been mistaken but as they didn't care if any of the women lived or not they wouldn't have made an effort to find out.

I think practically anyone could have killed CSM, but perhaps this was the better outcome; for William who wants everyone to believe he's dead and be left alone; for CSM who deserves to have Mulder shoot him 5 times on principle alone, but also Mulder thought he killed William & shot whom he thought was Mulder; and it was satisfying as a viewer to have the look of surprise on CSM's face as he realized he'd lost the game in the end (earlier you could see a worried look on CSM's face as he reached for the cellphone left for him, not knowing if it would be there, he looked vulnerable for a change).

I think it was karma that Reyes got killed with a stray bullet, as she could have chosen to take out CSM before things got too far along. It was good that Skinner made the choice to go rogue at the end knowing odds were he'd be killed --- although I'm actually not sure that he was killed, he may just have been seriously injured and unconscious, it wasn't completely clear.

As far as William, what do you mean by "a you know what"? I think it's safe to say that he's part human (Scully's egg) and part alien. He seems to be similar in theory to a super soldier but completely organic, and he can clearly do things super soldiers could not. Also, he wanted everyone to believe he was dead, including Mulder and Scully, yet watches them when he thinks (knows?) they aren't looking in his direction -- I'd have to see it again, but I believe he's glad they're both alive and together.

I think it was interesting that Scully leaked the information on CSM's plot to the media in case they failed to stop him in the end. Ironically I think that was likely what made Skinner realize that the threat was real and imminent and forced his decision.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links