View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2008, 8:23 pm
I want to believe

Re: The Relationship Between Science and Religion

1. Based off of your religious beliefs, do you think that some forms of scientific research should be restricted?
I am a scientist by nature, but I do believe that there are certain things, or more accurately, ways of testing things that should be limited. I don't like the idea of anything that causes suffering and/or death to an organism. I do know that many tests on animals (such as toxicity) yield vital information, but those are the kind of experiments I think should be restricted.

2. What impact has religion had on scientific advances? Has organized religion held up the progress of scientific advancement?
Organized religion has usually had the affect of halting scientific progress. There are numerous examples in history of scientists proposing then "heretical" ideas, and subsequently being punished and/or killed for it.

3. What do you think the relationship between religion and science should be?
I believe each should have its own sphere of influence, that the two should stay separate. Perhaps that's easier said than done, but I think some effort should be made to make a truce between the two.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Sponsored Links