View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:20 am
Fourth Year

Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Well this thread looks pretty dead.... *attempts to revive it*

I've been playing this game as a free player for a couple of months now, because I love Middle-earth and was in need of a new and different way of experiencing Tolkien, and because I've always wanted to try out an MMORPG. I love it so far, and I also like that you can play for free. Usually when they say that, there's a tiny footnote somewhere that says "but only 'till you get to the fun levels! ", but that's not the case here. I don't feel like I have to pay anything to enjoy the game, though access to the VIP-areas would be nice.

Also, most people there are very helpful and nice, I really enjoy being part of the community. (I play on the Vilya server, btw.) If you need help with anything or have a question, there's always someone there who can help you, and you won't get laughed at for asking newbie-questions, which was very reassuring to me, being both a noob in LOTRO and in the MMORPG-world.

I wonder if any of the wonderful people of CoS plays this, and if you do, are you a free player or not? I'm really thinking of becoming a VIP or premium player, but only if I think it's worth the money that could be spent on something else (this would have to go from my book budget, see ).

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

óNeil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Sponsored Links