View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 7:06 pm
Knower of things

What annoyed you most about GOF v3

Ta-da *twirls* the latest version of the "what annoyed you most about GOF" thread! Previous version can be found here

The Official Staff Monitor for this thread is hermy_weasley2. If you have any questions about the thread or would like to discuss a specific problem please owl them directly. Please be aware that other staff members will also be monitoring this thread. If you are warned by another staff member, as always contact them directly or contact an Admin.

Last couple of posts

mad_druid:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
In fact, I think most of the twins' lines are lame, particularly when said in unison. Cringe-worthy.
Finally someone else who thinks the same way I do about the twins

Quote:
I don't get why Krum was a jock either. I pictured him as tall and kinda lanky... socially awkward and just... weird I guess
Like the book description

NoeliaCroft:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischeifweasel View Post
What annoyed me the most was how they cut like three characters((winky, bagman,the veela)), got rid of spew((sorry, S.P.E.W.))the corny lines, and plot lines, etc. that got messed up in the screenwriting.

but i get that they couldnt make a 10 hour movie, even though i would have willingly sat through one myself.
I completly I agree.

Yarrow:    

I just don't like how in each movie, Hermione grows less and less nerdy and her hair grows less and less bushy. She's bossy, sure, but it's in a more overpowering way instead of a naggy, annoying way, like in the books. She was great in the first two films, but she starts getting all "tomboy-ish" from the third film, and it just doesn't feel right.  

xhanan315:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
I just don't like how in each movie, Hermione grows less and less nerdy and her hair grows less and less bushy. She's bossy, sure, but it's in a more overpowering way instead of a naggy, annoying way, like in the books. She was great in the first two films, but she starts getting all "tomboy-ish" from the third film, and it just doesn't feel right.
You're absolutely right. I don't like Hermione much anymore either. She's actually getting to a point where you can't stand her. I just hope she isn't as bad in the next film.

Furry Dice:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunXia View Post
Amen Brother!!

Ahem, I wanted them to show the complex character that Viktor Krum was, not this man who constantly runs by the lake, what happeed to all those times in the Library?? They just made him like a Jock!
To be fair, he was a Quidditch player. Plus, we did hear about him diving inot the lake approaching the second task in the book, so there is a basis for the athletic behaviour.

I can accept and understand that cuts have to be made -certain plotlines and characters have to go to leave us with the main story, the important parts. Which is why I wasn't bothered by Peeves, SPEW, Dobby, Winky, Bagman, Bill, Charlie etc. While I admit that fans would have liked to see them, they serve no purpose in furthering the story that couldn't have been done otherwise.

It's the change in characterisation that bothers me - Show-off Harry- "shall I open it? who wants me to open it?" to the entire common room, uber-dim Ron, girly Hermione who isn't at all pushy, at least as pushy as she should be. Get the characters right please.

XHANAX315:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post

I can accept and understand that cuts have to be made -certain plotlines and characters have to go to leave us with the main story, the important parts. Which is why I wasn't bothered by Peeves, SPEW, Dobby, Winky, Bagman, Bill, Charlie etc. While I admit that fans would have liked to see them, they serve no purpose in furthering the story that couldn't have been done otherwise.
Very true. Its just when you don't see something that was supposed to happen, and something else does, its kind of hard ignoring since you know what was to take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
It's the change in characterisation that bothers me - Show-off Harry- "shall I open it? who wants me to open it?" to the entire common room, uber-dim Ron, girly Hermione who isn't at all pushy, at least as pushy as she should be. Get the characters right please.
Right. I didn't like the show-off Harry either; and Ron's "uber-dim"ness was the greates either. And Hermione well......

Dandinigirl13:    

Personally, I think GoF is the best film out of all of them so far. There is only one thing in the entire film that made me uncomfortable: shouty Dumbledore.

It just didn't seem right at all Even as i was sat in the cinema watching it it just felt really horrible and wrong. I just don't think Dumbledore would have a huge outburst like that...