View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2012, 4:28 am
First Year

Re: Which Film Is The Darkest?

I'd say that last two films, Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Deathly Hallows: Part 2, but mainly the second part. It's very dark, and it's amazing to see this film series start as a family movie of sorts, and end on the brink of a horror film.

After the Gringotts break-in, Voldemort mercilessly kills everyone in his path and then walks through their bodies as the camera pans on his blood-covered feet.

Hogwarts now is so dark and depressing. They actually purposely changed it from the honey colour of the first films to the dark grey of the later films, and it suits well with this film and with Snape as headmaster.

After his diadem is destroyed, Voldemort kills one of his own followers (although, it was just Pius Thicknesse) out of sheer anger and anxiety. He follows it up with having Nagini attack Snape in a bloodbath and then leave his most loyal servant to die. To finish the whole scene up, you've got that eery, blood-curdling violin noise before Voldemort speaks to Hogwarts that you'd often find in horror films.

All in all, the last two films, I think, are the most dark. They're filled with death, horror, depression, and, not to mention, Voldemort. Following them, I'd say Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Half-Blood Prince.

You've got the fourth one, what with Voldemort returning, and just the whole graveyard scene in general. The fifth one, with all the visions into Voldemort's mind, the dementor attack, and the snake attack on Mr. Weasley. Not surprisingly, I think, is the third one, which was actually a depressing film in general, what with the dementors lurking about and causing sadness and chill. And then there's six, whose only real darkness is the cave scene with the Inferi and the Drink of Despair.

Sponsored Links