View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2018, 8:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post

Spoiler: show
I don't think so. In the screenplay, Grindelwald just points to the house, and upon entering says "Yes. This will be suitable after a thorough cleanse." It feels like he was just setting up a headquarters. But who knows? Could've been Credence's aunt and uncle and Grindelwald was killing two birds with one stone, but I didn't see any indication of that.

Spoiler: show
Except that Credence and Nagini are already on their way to that house and arrive shortly after Grindelwald & associate have killed the family living there, so Grindelwald must already know there's a connection that would ruin his plan to convince Credence that he is a Dumbledore. I think the choice of that house was deliberate, and Grindel wouldn't tell his associates why. Remember that Dumbledore can't fight Grindelwald because of the blood pact, and the same applies to Grindelwald. It's essential to his plan that Credence never knows his true bloodline.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links