View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2020, 3:14 am
Ravenclaw Prefect

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Shazam--this movie was a lot of fun! Zachary Levi and Asher Angel did a great job playing Billy Batsom, and Jack Dylan Grazer plays Billy's best friend/foster brother Freddy Freeman with a lot of heart and humor. The movie presents what I would imagine is a realistic portrayal of how a teenage boy would react to the sudden acquisition of superpowers, and it's a lot of fun watching the boys discovering the various abilities that Billy has as Shazam. The movie is also a pretty nice portrayal of a foster family, with sympathetic foster parents and foster siblings; it was nice to see a positive portrayal of fostering. Mark Strong does his usual strong work playing the villain with appropriate menace. The connections to the DCEU are pretty loose, so you don't have to have watched the other movies to be able to follow this one. Overall, it was entertaining and well done. I'll be giving it repeat watchings in the future.

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Sponsored Links