View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:56 am
Secret Keeper

Re: Bellatrix Lestrange: Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakkachuta View Post
I have to be honest. I don't think much of Bellatrix Lestrange. I think she is too fanatical of Voldemort. She follows his every order willingly and like a sheep. If I was Voldemort, I wouldn't like her, I would just take advantage of her at every turn.

But maybe this says something. Was she lacking in a good father-figure? Is she seeking for a father-figure in Voldemort?

I think it was rather obvious that Bellatrix and Sirius did not have a good relationship as children. She probably saw him as a blood-traitor for having such pure blood but being sorted into Gryffindor and joining the Order later.

I think that the Black family and the idea of a 'pure' blood ancestry is what influenced her to join Voldemort and the Death Eaters. But she just took it several steps further and turned it into fanaticism.

I mean, why do other girls become fanatical over rock stars? What motivates them? I may sound a little mean and dismissive of Bella, but maybe that's all it is.

Feel free to put up a counter argument and convince me otherwise
Well, I wouldn't know much about the rock star thing, since I've never done that, but I would have to say the main reason would be that they look "hot" or "handsome" or whatever. Anyways, adult Voldemort doesn't look good.

I would have to say that Bellatrix hates Muggleborns a lot and Voldemort is like an idol or symbol of the pure blood mania, so maybe that's why.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Sponsored Links