View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:46 pm
Second Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

How important has music been to you while watching the movies?
For me the music has been a big part of the movies for me because of my musical background having played the flute for 7 years. I wanted the music to be good and be a genuine reflection of the films and books themselves. I thought for the most part they did that.

Who is your favourite music composer? John Williams for coming up with Hedwigs theme. That man is brilliant!

Which soundtrack is your favourite? Probably PoA or a tie between 7 part one and two
What is your favourite music track? Hedwigs theme, Obliviate, or A New Beginning. A new beginning really reminds me of a lullaby. When the bells come in and the strings start to slow the tempo its almost like you can hear Harry's mother telling him "It's over son, I'm so proud of you. Sleep now and all will be well." Or you could look at it from Harry's point of view and feel him breathe a sigh of relief that it's over it's all over.

Which movie has the best cinematography? PoA hands down!
Best set design (props etc)? PoA hands down!
Best special effects? GoF or maybe DH 2
Best costumes? GoF because of the Yule Ball

Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series? I am. JKR wasn't kidding when she said that when it's over it's over! Looking at the series as a whole you can really see the growth of the characters as the readers age. Just looking at SS and DH 2 the scenes are more graphic and the story is much more complicated. I will miss getting fired up about the upcoming films or the new book thats on it's way but I think the films did the books justice and now I can sit back and enjoy reading the books and watching the films together. I doubt there will ever be another book or series of books that have captured the hearts of so many people! We all could do well to remember the lessons learned from the characters of these books and even mimic the characteristics of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Snape. I believe this world would be a much better place if there were more of those characters like that in this world.

In favor of Book 7 being as long as an unabridged dictionary!

You people seriously need to understand me!

Dragon Heartstring Ash 7 inches
Sponsored Links