View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2016, 3:52 pm
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (with spoilers)

I did not love this version.

Not enough character development at all. I get it's a play, but there was nothing leading in showing why Albus and Harry had such a strained relationship. I have 3 kids (Boy, boy, girl). It is not hard to fathom (because any kid who is a middle child seems to go through some angst about it), that Harry would be closer to his first born son, Ginny and daughter would have had a close relationship, and Albus would have felt like the odd one out. I just wish they would have shown that as a struggle for years prior, and not just standing on Platform 9 3/4. (Simple scenes, like Harry and James playing Quidditch while Albus looks on...)

The time travel thing bugs me, only because I think WHY doesn't anyone think to go back far enough to do something to Tom Riddle before he became Voldemort (yes, I know for literary purposes it would kill the entire story, lol). I guess for me, the whole time travel thing just doesn't play out well.

I am glad I read it, I loved the Scorpius character. I loved that he was a geek and wasn't afraid to embrace it. I loved that Snape and Hagrid had parts.

A little too far fetched for the overall story, even in a world full of magic.

Yet, here I am, at work, seeking out what other think so I can talk about it!