View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2002, 2:04 pm
Second Year

Ah yes, it's true that they wouldn't have to be in the same house just to become really good friends. Look at Cho and Cedric. But it just seems more likely to me that they be in the same house in order to become so close. Besides, as I outlined above Sirius displays classic Gryffindor qualities.

I'll concede that there's a good chance that Lupin could have been a Ravenclaw however. It strikes me that out of all the Marauders he's the one we seem to know the least about. He hasn't really shown any real bravery, not like James and Sirius.

Also Peter being in Gryffindor has always confused me. He doesn't really display any Hufflepuff qualities, and he certainly is no Ravenclaw. Which leaves Slytherin and Gryffindor. Slytherin seems to be the obvious choice. But as you pointed out Katze how would he fall in with them if he wasn't in the same house with at least one of them? Since it's highly doubtful that Peter could have been in Ravenclaw, and since I strongly believe that there's no way Sirius could have been a Slytherin, Gryffindor seems to be the logical place that Peter could have met up with the other Marauders. I dunno, perhaps Peter started out with his own sort of bravery, similar to Longbottom but perhaps life somehow turned him cowardly and deceitful.

Anyway I've always believed them to all be in Gryffindor, only because I knew for certain that James was a Gryffindor, and that it seemed logical for four really close friends to all be in the same house. I suppose there could be more to it though...

Sponsored Links