View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2002, 5:55 pm
Second Year

SiriuslyBria:

Also, has there always been animosity between Gyffindor and Slytherin?

No way of knowing, but I assume the answer to be yes. After the ugly way that Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor parted I get the feeling there's been nothing but bad blood between the Slytherins and the Gryffindors. That's just my gut feeling though.

Frankly, what I think JRK is doing is showing that it's a person's choices that determine who they are.

I agree, but I don't think this theme will be developed by having Black in Slytherin house. It was developed by having Crouch Jr. turn evil despite the fact that he came from a pure blood familly. And it's shown strongest through Snape. Snape is someone who when growing up came from a social circle that included many wizards and witches that turned evil, was in a house that turned out a ton of dark wizards and witches, and who may have even been raised by parents who were into dark magic. But he choose to turn sides and do the right thing, despite being around and possibly even being raised around Dark Magic. And to this day he continues to do the right thing by saving Harry's skin from time to time, sometimes even at great risk to himself.

Sponsored Links