View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:55 pm
Third Year

Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post
But then it wouldn't have been like the book: we never would have gotten the all-important lines about Harry feeling like he'd always known that he was a Horcrux and that it was going to have to end like that. Well, not unless they'd done the dreaded voice-over narration or had Harry go Shakespeare on us and give us a soliloquy! Really, Ron & Hermione are the only people to whom Harry could deliver those lines.
Brilliant point. I hadn't thought of this. You're right. There would have been no other way to really drive home the point unless Harry started talking to himself, lol.

Unless...maybe Neville could have been a candidate. They could have included Harry telling Neville to kill the snake, and Neville could have asked Harry where he was going, and Harry could have said, "To the forrest."
I think Neville could have been accepting of it, without trying to stop Harry, especially considering the speech Neville later gives.

Just trying to think of another possibility, lol.

About Neville/Luna...
Geez, I hadn't even caught that. I do need to see it again, lol. I also didn't hear what Neville said to Harry about finding Luna. If anything, I thought they had just bonded as friends, being two of the main ones that kept the DA going...(was there any mentioning of the DA in the movie, though?). Hmm.

Sponsored Links