View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:53 pm
First Year

Re: Your current read v6http://www.cosforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p

Just recently finished:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, and The Moth Diaries by Rachel Klein.

I read the latter because I saw some movie version of the story and then heard it was based off a book by someone who was saying the movie was stripped of all the more interesting psychological elements. I would say I agree as I really enjoyed the book and I thought the movie was rather forgettable. But I could see why it was difficult to adapt, and can see why they simplified it the way they did. The narrator of the story is never even given a name in the book - which would be impossible to do in a movie version given she's the main character and the story is all told from the girl's diary - what she's written - which again is hard to adapt.

I'm now onto Neil Gaiman's American God's. I have no idea if I will like it or get through it(I don't force myself all the way through books I can't get into unless I have to). I heard they were making an HBO series out of it and it's a NYT's best seller, so I'll give it a try.

Sponsored Links