View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2007, 6:56 am
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
About the Dursleys, I just don't won't a rehash of PS/mov when Hagrid takes Harry to Kings Cross the same day (or the day after) he takes him to Diagon Alley. Now I think about it, I could move things round so that he doesn't go back to Privet Drive, though I'd have to get rid of the scene when Harry names Hedwig, oh, well, I'll just make Harry call Hedwig Hedwig sometime.

About the Weasleys: I KNOW!!!! I couldn't believe how much they talked! What I do usually is reformat the book, remove unneccecary lines, then move things round for my liking. And still, after that their dialogue was 2 or 3 pages!!!

About the 130, I want to finish it first, no matter how long it is (I'm thinking it will come out between 150 and 200), and then I want to make it 130.
Yeah that's what I did and that's a good idea. Write all you can and go back. It's tough though because you'll find there are alot of parts you like but they just don't flow well. That's when the whole 'combining' scenes thing can happen. It'll be easier once you have it all down and you're able to just read it from front to back.

And honestly they never said Hedwig's name in the movie so just having Harry call the name sometime in the film works just as well.

So since it's technically a new day here now I might aswell add another scene to the bunch:

INT-THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MORNING

To a snowy shot of the Burrow, then the scene changes to Harry and Ron chopping things in the kitchen sink.

RON
So Snape was definitely offering to help him?

HARRY
He said he’s promised Malfoy’s mother to protect him, that he’d made an Unbreakable Oath or something…

RON
An Unbreakable Vow? Are you sure?

HARRY
Yes, what does it mean?

RON
Well you can’t break an Unbreakable Vow…

HARRY
I’d worked that much out for myself, funnily enough.

RON
If you break it you die. Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was five actually…

Fred and George enter the kitchen as he says this.

GEORGE
Well well well Ron

FRED
What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called…unless our information is faulty…Lavender Brown?

RON
Mind your own business!

FRED AND GEORGE
Ooohhhhhhhhhhh

FRED
Seems we’ve struck a nerve.

GEORGE
What we want to know however little brother is how did it happen?

FRED
Did she have an accident or something?

RON
What?

GEORGE
Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage.
(Ron throws the knife at George and he turns it into an paper airplane immediately. Mrs. Weasley walks in on this exact moment.)
Careful, now!

MRS. WEASLEY
RONALD WEASLEY!!! Don’t you EVER let me see you throwing knives again!

GEORGE
IT’s ok mum he’s just a little love struck

RON
Shut up!

INT. -DEN-MORNING (LATER THAT DAY)

The scene cuts to Lupin, Mr. Weasley, and Harry sitting around the fireplace as Christmas music plays in the background.

HARRY
And that’s what happened.

MR. WEASLEY
Has it occurred to you, Harry that Snape was simply pretending...?

HARRY
Pretending to offer help so he can find out what Malfoy’s up to? Yeah, I thought you’d say that, but how do we know?

MR. WEASLEY
It isn’t out business to know. Dumbledore trusts Severus, and that ought to be good enough for all of us.

HARRY
But just say Dumbledore’s wrong about Snape…

LUPIN
People have said it many times Harry. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore’s judgement.

HARRY
But Dumbledore can make mistakes. He says it himself, and sir do you honestly trust Snape?

LUPIN
I neither like nor dislike Severus. We shall never be friends, but I do not forget that during the year at Hogwarts, Severus made the Wolfsbane Potion for me every month, so that I did not have to suffer as I usually do at the full moon. He kept me healthy, I must be grateful.

HARRY
Maybe he didn’t dare mess with the potion with Dumbledore watching him!

LUPIN
You are determined to hate him aren’t you Harry?

There is a crash heard from in the kitchen and we hear Mrs. Weasley yelling at the twins.

MR. WEASLEY
I think I’m needed in this situation…
(He jumps up and runs out of the room)

HARRY
(laughs and turns to Lupin)
So what have you been up to lately?

LUPIN
Oh, I’ve been underground. I’ve been living among the werewolves; nearly all of them are on Voldemort’s side. Dumbledore wanted a spy and here I was…ready made.

HARRY
How come they like Voldemort?

LUPIN
They think that, under his rule, they will have a better life. And it is hard to argue with Greyback out there…

HARRY
Greyback?

LUPIN
Fenrir Greyback is the most savage werewolf alive today. He regards it his mission in life to bite and contaminate as many people as possible, sometimes even without the full moon. Voldemort has promised him prey in return for his services. Greyback specializes in children; it was Greyback who bit me.

HARRY
What? When you were a kid?

LUPIN
Yes. My father had offended him.

INT-RONS BEDROOM-CHRISTMAS MORNING

The scene cuts to another snowy shot of the Burrow and we hear hear Rons voice and then the scene pops in with him holding up a thick gold chain.

RON
She’s got to be joking!

HARRY
What’s that?

RON
Its from Lavender, she can’t honestly think I’d wear…

He turns the chain around and it reads My Sweetheart.

HARRY
Nice, you should definitely wear it in front of Fred and George.

RON
If you tell them..I…I…I’ll…

HARRY
Stutter at me? (He laughs and picks up his package and we see that it says To Master, From Kreacher.) Do you reckon this is safe to open?

RON
Can’t be anything dangerous can it?

(Harry opens it and gives out a yell as maggots pour out of the package. Ron bursts out to

laughing and

INT. KITCHEN-CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to Fred, George, Mr and Mrs. Weasly, Lupin, Ginny, and Bill sitting around the dinner table. There’s a lot of rustle and talking around the table.

HARRY
This is excellent Mrs. Weasley

MRS. WEASLEY
Thanks Harry dear. Bill could you please stop eating like an animal!

BILL
What!

GINNY
You have a maggot in your hair Harry
(She reaches over and plucks it out of his hair.)

HARRY
(Chuckles nervously)
Thanks

Ginny smiles and goes back to her plate

FRED
So Ron….

GEORGE
About this Lavender Brown…

RON
Shut up!

GINNY
Oohhh..looks like Ron can’t take what he dishes!

RON
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

FRED
Oh so angry…

GEORGE
That’s what love does to you…

As everyone laughs Ginny looks over and notices to figures walking toward the house. She gets up and looks out of the window.

GINNY
Hey, it’s…its Percy!

Everyone gets silent and turns around in a shock and we see a shot of Percy and Rufus Scrimgeour walking towards the house.

HARRY
Who’s that he’s with?

RON
Rufus Scrimgeour, the new Minister of Magic.

The door opens and Percy walks in with a dry look on his face. It seems as if he doesn’t want to be there.

PERCY
(In a mono tone voice)
Merry Christmas, Mother.

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh, Percy!!

(She jumps up and hugs him. He still has the same look on his face and all the Weasley kids look at each other with disgust.)

SCRIMGEOUR
You must forgive this intrusion.

MR. WEASLEY
Please, come in and sit down, Minister! Have little purkey, or some….

SCRIMGEOUR
I don’t want to intrude Arthur. Wouldn’t be here at all if Percy hadn’t wanted to see you all so badly…

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh, PERCY!!! (She starts hugging and kissing him more. Ron, The Twins, and Ginny look at each other and roll their eyes.)

SCRIMGEOUR
We only have a few minutes, so I’ll have a stroll around the yard while you catch up with Percy. Well, if anybody cares to show me your charming garden…

(The camera cuts to Harry and back to Scrimgeour.)

Ah, that young man is finished, why doesn’t he take a stroll with me?

EXT-GARDEN-CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON (MOMENT LATER)

SCRIMGEOUR
I’ve wanted to meet you for a very long time, did you know that?

HARRY
No.

SCRIMGEOUR
Oh yes, I have been hoping for an occasion to talk to you ever since I gained office, but Dumbledore has prevented this.

(He looks at Harry but Harry says nothing.)

The rumors have been flying around of you being ‘the Chosen One.’ I assume Dumbledore has discussed these matters with you?

HARRY
Yeah we’ve discussed it.

SCRIMGEOUR
And what has Dumbledore told you Harry?

HARRY
Sorry but that’s between us.

SCRIMGEOUR
Oh, of course, if it’s a question of confidences, I wouldn’t want to divulge and in any case, does it really matter if you are the Chosen One or not?

HARRY
I don’t get what you’re saying.

SCRIMGEOUR
You are a symbol of hope for many, Harry. The idea that there is somebody out there who might be destined to destroy him, it gives people a lift. Once you realize this, you might consider it, almost a duty, to stand slongside the Ministry, and give everyone a boost.

HARRY
Stand alongside the Ministry?

SCRIMGEOUR
If you were to be seen popping in and out of the Ministry from time to time, that would give the right impression you see.

HARRY
So basically you’d like to give the impression that I’m working for the Ministry?

SCRIMGEOUR
Yes Harry that’s about right, whatever’s possible to give people hope…

HARRY
Won’t that seem as though I approve of what the Ministry is up to?

SCRIMGEOUR
Well…yes that…

HARRY
No thank you sir. You see I don’t like some of the things the Ministry is doing. Locking up Stan Shunpike, for instance.

SCRIMGEOUR
These are dangerous times Harry and certain measures have to be taken.

HARRY
I don’t want to be used!

SCRIMGEOUR
So I guess you are not the chosen one.

HARRY
I thought you said it didn’t matter either way?

SCRIMGEOUR
I shouldn’t have said that, it was tactless…

HARRY
No, it was one of the only honest things you’ve said to me. You don’t care whether I live or die, but you do care that I help you convince everyone you’re winning the war against Voldemort. The Ministry wasn’t so keen to be pals last year.

SCRIMGEOUR
(A long beat)
So what is old Dumbledore up to? Where does he go when he is absent from Hogwarts.

HARRY
No idea

SCRIMGEOUR
You wouldn’t tell me if you knew would you?

HARRY
No, I wouldn’t

SCRIMGEOUR
Well, it is clear to me that he has done a very good job on you. Dumbledores man through and through, aren’t you, Potter?

HARRY
You got it.

Sponsored Links