View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2006, 8:20 pm
First Year

Re: Snape: Karaoke Superstar?

Finally, after Harry’s song and a very poorly sang duet, Minerva took pity on Snape and lifted the stunning spell. “And where do you think you are going?” she demanded.

Snape had bolted out of his chair, spilling Flitwick’s popcorn everywhere. “This caterwauling is giving me a headache,” Snape replied, rubbing his temples. “The singing’s dreadful, their attire deplorable, and I don’t like how Weasley kept looking at me during ‘Double Crossing Blues.’ All in all, disastrous performances.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” said a man’s voice from behind him. “It was like someone was performing the Cruciatus Curse on a tone-deaf bulldog.”

Snape turned around to spy a cross-looking man wearing a grey T-shirt and a pair of jeans. He looked oddly familiar. “Have we met before?” Snape snapped.

“I don’t believe I’ve ever had the displeasure.”

"Severus."

"Simon."

"Professor Snape."

"Mr. Cowell."

The two glared at each other for a moment; then, quite unexpectedly, began making their way towards the stage. McGonagall, not liking where this was going, followed quickly on their heels.

"Professor!" said McGonagall, trying to keep up with Snape's long, determined strides. "Professor, what exactly in the name of Merlin do you think you're doing? Not singing, I hope."

Snape did not answer, but scared a group of second-year Hufflepuffs out of the front row and took a seat, as did Simon. "I'd better keep an eye on these two," thought Minerva taking a seat next to Simon.

"An' now," said Hagrid, obviously under the influence of firewhiskey, "'Moody's Mood fer Love' performed by Mad-Eye--er, Moody."

"Thanks," growled Moody, his eye swerving in every direction. He then opened his mouth and began to sing--very off-key, if I might add--and dance.

"There I go, there I go, there I go, there I go
Pretty baby you are the soul that snaps my control
It's a funny thing but every time I'm near you
I never can behave
You give me a smile and I'm wrapped up in your magic
Music all around me, crazy music, music that keeps calling me so..."*

"What is that?" Snape interrupted. "It sounded like a cat regurgitating a hairball. Don't you agree, Mr. Cowell?"

"Dreadful, absolutely dreadful," Simon said.

"Next time, Moody, warn us in advance when you're going to dance so that we can take the necessary precautions--such as re-inforcing the floors."

"I'll blast you to bits, you ol' Death Eater!" Moody yelled, drawing out his wand.

"Good," said Snape, "then I won't have to endure any more of your singing."

"I didn't think it was that bad," Minerva said over all of the boos.

*Note: "Moody's Mood for Love" is a real song and these lyrics were taken from it!

Last edited by House_Elf_21; August 6th, 2006 at 6:50 am.
Sponsored Links