View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:26 pm
First Year

Re: Snape: Karaoke Superstar?

"Great, Percy's going to sing," Ron muttered into Hermione's ear as the third eldest Weasley pushed his way to the front of the room. "I've heard him sing in the shower before; not pretty."

"I bet he won't sing," Harry chimed in; "I bet he's here to tell us all off for having a good time while Voldemort's--stop wincing, Ron--while Voldemort's lurking around out there."

Then Percy opened his mouth, and what came out caused everyone to gape.

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No Dark Artists in the classroom
Teachers leave the kids alone
Hey teacher leave us kids alone
All in all it was just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall."

Crickets chirped. The only other noise was Hagrid, laughing so hard that he broke his chairs (I say chairs because it took two to hold him.) He fell to the ground with a deafening "thud", which caused all of the chairs and their occupants to jump.

Finally, McGonagall found her voice. "That was, er, interesting, Percy."

Simon, for once in his life, was speechless. Snape, however, was not.

"I'd say leave the singing for the shower," he told Percy; "then again, we must think of that poor ghoul who lives in your attic."

Nose in the air, Percy then stormed off of the stage and stole out into the dark of the night.

Next, Luna Lovegood stumbled onto the stage, as if she were walking in some sort of weird dream. A chain of butterbeer caps was strung around her neck, and a bunch of pencils were curled up in her mousy blonde hair.

"Well, go on, dear; sing something," said McGonagall after the girl had been staring dreamily off into space for three minutes.

"People are strange when you're a stranger
Nargles look ugly when you're alone
Wizards seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
Neville remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange--"

Luna was suddenly cut off by a little "hem hem" from the back of the room. Then a toadlike woman wearing a pink angora sweater took the stage. "Thank you, little girl, but I think we've all had enough of your talent for the evening," the woman said sweetly. "Run along now, dear."

"I hear she came onto Snape at that speed-dating thing he got roped into doing," Ron whispered to Harry.

"Now, there's a perfect match: Umbridge and Snape. Say, I wonder what their offspring would look like?"

The thought made the trio shudder.

"Jeremiah was a bullfrog--"

"Why are you singing about bullfrogs, woman?" asked George.

"Shouldn't you be singing about toads?" asked Fred.

Dolores Umbridge glared at them and tried to finish her song, but was interrupted by the twins' lively rendition of "Dolores Got Ran Over By a Centaur."

"Now, boys, that's really not--"

"Some folks say they don't believe in miracles,
But as for those at Hogwarts they believe," they finished off.

"That was very--"

"Clip-clop, clip-clop." The whole room was clacking their tongues. Dolores screamed and ran out of the room, wringing her hands in the air.

"Thank you, Masters Weasley," said Snape, raising an eyebrow. Was that--no, it couldn't be. Was Snape smiling?

Last edited by House_Elf_21; August 7th, 2006 at 6:18 pm.
Sponsored Links