View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2015, 2:59 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Little Questions Answered v.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
So, if Severus hadn't asked for Lily's life, Voldemort would have actually stopped and talked to her? Why? IMO he'd have killed her immediately just like he did James and then pop the kid.
That's what I think, too. Thought I had clearly stated that in my post: "Snape's request is what caused Voldemort to not outright kill Lily".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic View Post
For sadism, maybe? If he really intended to honor Snape's request, he wouldn't have bothered talking to her at all and just knocked her out or something.

Seems like he only half-considered Snape's request.
Yeah, probably sadism. Voldemort may have let her live had she stepped aside, but as she didn't, I think she quickly ceased to be entertaining to him, and he seemed to feel that her being an inconvenience to him was the bigger issue. I also don't think Voldemort thinks much of his followers either, so even an easily filled request by one of them isn't going to get priority over inconvenience.

"UNTIL THE VERY END"
-- JK Rowling to Harry Potter fans at the beginning of Deathly Hallows, and James Potter to his son at the end of Deathly Hallows.
Sponsored Links