View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2015, 3:20 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Little Questions Answered v.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereena View Post
It's true that had Voldemort Stunned her or killed her right away Harry would have died. It's also true that had Lily acted differently, either by attempting to fight Voldemort like James did or by standing aside or running away, Harry would have died. It's not only Snape's actions which matter, which you seem to imply in your post. It's the actions of all three characters involved, including Voldemort himself who decided first to just ask her to step aside instead of forcing her, and then decided to kill her either way and thus enabling the magic to work. Of course Snape's request was important, that's rather obvious, IMO. But it's just one cog in the machinery, not the only important one.
I agree all three of them had a role to play, but I believe that the two of the three had a role only because of Snape's request. That's why I feel his request was the important thing that night. Snape's request allowed Lilys death to mean something, something huge, something unheard of, which James's death did not.

I feel that without Snape's request, that night would have resulted in the death of a family because of the betrayal of someone they thought a friend. For me it was Snape's request that changed everything, because it gave Harry a powerful protection against Voldemort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic View Post
Statistically speaking, this had to have happened before. Dumbledore and Voldemort knew what kind of magic had been used to create the Protection and both identified it as "Ancient" which means this sort of thing has been happening since ancient times.
I think Ancient could also mean powerful acts that may or may not have happened in the far past for which no reason or method was known. Since no one had any recollection of such acts, they may have concluded this was forgotten magic from the ancient past.

Quote:
I think with Harry, it's not so much the wonder of the protection as it is that he is the most High Profile case. Situations like his (someone sacrificing themselves for another) are kind of common. It's just that in his case, it involved someone High Profile like Voldemort and ended the Major War happening. So it attracted more attention and more effort was put into Harry's case to scare off the Death Eaters.
I think an AK was like shooting someone with a gun with instantaneous effect. Just like it would be a wonder if someone could take a gunshot to the chest or head and still be unharmed and alive , I think Harry's life was a wonder because he survived an AK that until then could not be protected against.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links