View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:22 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Re: FAD: Last Author Standing -Entries!

Entry 3

The Aftermath
Ron, Hermione and Harry walked back to the Gryffindor Common Room. They were all three equally happy to find out that nobody was in the room when they arrived. Every Gryffindor, who was still in the castle, were probably down in the Great Hall with everyone else.

Ron and Hermione walked over to the couch near the fire and sat down, hand-in-hand. Ron looked over his shoulder and saw that Harry was standing in the middle of the common room.

“You okay, mate?” he asked him.

“Yeah,” Harry said, “I am just tired. I am going to bed. See you tomorrow.”

“See you,” Ron said.

Hermione looked as if she was going to say something to him, but she stopped herself.

“Good night, Harry,” she said.

Ron turned back around, but didn’t look at Hermione. He stared into the fire.

It was finally over, he thought to himself. After all these years, Voldemort had finally been defeated.

And by his, Ron's, best friend too! He was happy that Harry had made it out of the final battle alive. He couldn’t say the same for everyone. A tear went down his cheek as he thought about Fred. He brushed it away, but not before Hermione had noticed.

“Still thinking about him, aren’t you?” Hermione asked.

“No,” Ron said, quickly.

“You’re lying,” Hermione said, “I know you are.”

“So what if I am!” Ron said, louder than he intended, “I don’t want to talk about it right now. Please… I will talk about it later. Just… not right now. Okay?”

“Okay,” Hermione said, in a soft, semi-hurt voice, “I understand.”

“Sorry,” Ron said, “Didn’t mean to overreact.”

“I would have overreacted too,” Hermione said, “I am sorry.”

Ron didn’t know how to respond, so he quickly changed the subject.

“Hermione?” he said.

“Yeah?” Hermione asked.

“Er… earlier tonight,” Ron said, slowly, “You know, when you… well…”

“When I what?” Hermione asked.

“When you... you know,” Ron said, “Kissed me. Did you mean it?”

“Oh, that,” Hermione said, blushing, “Well… I....”

Ron suddenly felt embarassed for asking the question.

“I see,” he said, quickly, “It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. We could have been two seconds from getting killed and all that. I understand.”

“Will you shut up?!” Hermione said, in a half-laugh, “If you would let me talk, I was going to say… yes, I did mean it, Ron.”

“Really?” Ron asked.

Now he was the one who was blushing.

“Well, yeah,” Hermione said.

“H-how long have you wanted to do that?” Ron asked.

“I don’t know,” Hermione said, “What about you?”

“M-me?” Ron stuttered.

“You kissed me back, didn’t you?” Hermione asked.

“Oh… right,” Ron said, “Well… I don’t know.”

“Before or after your fling with Lavender?” Hermione asked.

“Do we have to bring that up?” Ron asked.

“Yes, we do,” Hermione said, “Because, to be honest, I just might have fancied you before that little fling of yours.”

“You did a fine job showing it!” Ron said, “Who was the one who attacked me with those birds?! I still got the scars from it, thank you very much!”

Ron lifted up his arms to show the scars to Hermione, though it didn’t help much. Most of the scars were covered in massive burns still healing from the Gringott’s Bank incident.

“I basically asked you out, Ron, if you don’t recall,” Hermione said, “I asked you to Professor Slughorn’s party, remember? And that was before your fling.”

“Would you quit calling it a fling?!” Ron asked, “Please? To be honest, I wasn’t very happy with the whole situation. And… I might have done it to make you jealous.”

“What?!” Hermione asked, shocked.

“I might have fancied you then,” Ron said, slowly, “Maybe.”

“And do you fancy me now?” Hermione asked.

“I kissed you back, didn’t I?” Ron asked.

“I take it that is a yes,” Hermione said.

“Yes,” Ron said, simply.

“Good,” Hermione said, “Otherwise I would feel stupid fancying you too.”

“You do fancy me?” Ron said.

“Of course I do, silly,” Hermione said.

Ron smiled. Hermione smiled too, and looked into the fire.

“Hermione?” Ron asked again.

“Yes,” Hermione said.

“Can I kiss you again?” Ron said.

“You know you don’t have to ask,” Hermione said.

“Oh,” Ron said, “So, is that a…?”

Ron wasn’t able to finish his sentence. Hermione had leaned over and kissed him full on the lips. Ron returned the kiss, and suddenly everything other than Hermione and kissing her had disappeared from his mind. It would hit him hard in the face very soon, but he didn’t care. He was happy right here, right now.

The end.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Sponsored Links