View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2008, 3:28 pm
Unspeakable

Re: FAD: Last Author Standing -Entries!

Entry #4

Bill Weasley was fairly new to the London branch of Gringott's having spent the last few years working for them in Egypt. He hadn’t really made any friends here what with most of his coworkers being goblins. Goblins, it was widely known, didn’t really like to associate with humans.

Sitting at his desk in his office, Bill stretched putting down his quill. Glancing at his watch and listening to his stomach he came to the conclusion it was time for lunch. He sighed not wanting to eat alone, but he still didn’t know anyone well enough to invite them along.

“Monsieur Weasley,” a sweet, calming female voice called out as he headed from his office to the front door. “You are ze Weasley boy ‘oo supported ‘Arry in ze Triwizard Tournament, no?”

Turning around he spotted her, blonde hair flowing, glowing with the most beautiful aura. He never thought he’d see her again. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. He also could not speak.

“You look familiar, but maybe you are not ‘im.”

“I—“ he croaked.

Why did he have to make a fool of himself in front of her?

“I remember ze earring,” she added, walking up to him.

“Yes,” he managed. He swallowed and stuck out his right hand. “Bill Weasley.”

“Fleur Delacour.” She accepted the shake.

Looking into her icy blue eyes he blurted, “Come to lunch with me.”

“Oui,” she replied with a smile.

The two walked from the bank to the pub of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron, talking the entire way. Bill learned Fleur was with the London branch of Gringott’s to help with her English and because she became interested in the country during her trip to Hogwarts the previous year.

“But,” she added,” France is still better.”

Arriving in the pub they chose a small, round table in the back. It was not very crowded so Tom the barman was able to quickly take their order and bring them their food.

“What brings you ‘ere from Egypt, zat where you say you worked?” Fleur asked, picking at her chicken.

Bill took a swallow of butterbeer. Could he tell her the truth? Could he tell her about the Order of the Phoenix? He didn’t know for sure what side she was on, though he did not think someone as beautiful as her would side with Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

“With You-Know-Who resurfacing I thought it best to be near my family.”

“So, you believe ‘Arry?”

“I have no choice. He’s not wrong.”

Bill looked at Fleur, trying to read the expression on her face.

“No, I sink not,” she replied making Bill feel better. “Is your family in danger?”

They are members of the Order of the Phoenix, he wanted to reply.

“I imagine being friends wiss ‘Arry does not make you friends wiss, as you call ‘im, You-Know-‘Oo,” she replied to her own question.

Bill smiled. She was so charming.

“Whas’s wiss ze odd expression?”

Bill shook his head. He hadn’t realized he was in a daze watching her talk.

They turned to their food, eating more and talking less. Soon, they were finished and on their way back to the bank.

“I ‘ad a nice time, Bill,” Fleur said as they walked inside the building.

“Me, too,” Bill replied.

He would have had a better time if it lasted longer. He realized he didn’t want to leave Fleur.

“Are you available tomorrow evening?” she asked.

“Yes,” Bill replied without thinking, before he remembered he had a meeting with the Order. “Would you like to be a part of You-Know-Who’s opposition?” He asked before Fleur could finish with her initiation.

“Fight You-Know-‘Oo?” she looked alarmed.

“Indirectly. You are a Triwizard Champion.”

“You are a member of ze opposition?”

“Yes.”

“Zen I’ll do it!”

Bill smiled. Working at Gringott’s was turning out pretty great.

Sponsored Links