View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Butterfly Kisses (Sequel to Harry Potter and the Return to Hogwarts)

Chapter 9
Harry's Birthday – Part 1

Author's Note: Well, I wanted to get to Harry's birthday, so I'll just do a time-skip, but I'll describe some of the more important events that happened up until then at the start of the chapter. This chapter will be the few hours before Harry's birthday. If I had the birthday, the chapter would have been really long! So this is part one.

As the days counted down to Harry's birthday, everyone was keeping busy, and the party was the last thing on everyone's mind.

After he had talked to his friends about his visit to Thorpe's house, Harry had decided it was best to not bring it up again. It was obvious Thorpe wasn't returning to the Auror department, and Harry hadn't given another thought about it since then. If anybody had asked Harry why he had been so interested in Thorpe's well-being, he couldn't have told them. Thorpe wasn't exactly the nicest person to talk to, even when he was completely sober. Harry was only interested in helping Thorpe that day because he had really wanted to find out what Kingsley Shacklebolt was up to. Since then, he hadn't gotten any more answers from Kingsley, and thought it was just best to leave the matter alone. It hadn't really affected him personally anyway, and he thought it was best that he didn't make it any worse.

Even though Harry was keeping silent about it, many of the other Aurors-in-Training weren't. Billingsly was one of many who were giving their own theories as to why Thorpe hadn't returned, and when they came to realize the truth of the matter, they were all boasting that they had no involvement in any way with Death Eaters. There were times when Harry thought Shippe would put an end to it, but it seemed Shippe didn't want to, or perhaps couldn't, talk about it. Harry had wondered if the Minister had now turned his investigations to other departments. And now it seemed that Kingsley was now investigating some his former co-workers in the Auror department.

A week before Harry's birthday, Ron and Hermione had another visit with the real-estate agent. It was a short meeting just to make sure they were still wanting to take the house, and when they answered positively, they were to fill out the paper work. After all of that was done, which Mr. Wycott happily referred to as “the boring part”, he told Ron and Hermione that all the furniture would be in the house by the time they moved in on the first of August.

Ever since the Rita Skeeter case and the Malfoy case, Hermione hadn't had many more interesting cases. Most were little things like the misuse of spells, or other minor crimes, while other cases had to do with the Minister of Magic's investigations. There were three cases in two weeks that had to do with the investigations. Two turned out to be nothing serious, though Hermione was sure the latter of the two could turn out to be a lawsuit. The witch did seem pretty angry toward the accusation that her past had been associated with the Dark Arts. The last of the three investigation-related cases turned out to be pretty interesting though. It had turned out that the witch was the wife of one of the lesser-known Death Eaters. She had changed her name when the Death Eater had been captured and had finally been caught. Morrison had convicted her of keeping crucial information from the Ministry and she was now in Azkaban for one year.

Hermione and Narcissa Malfoy had coexisted quite harmoniously. It was true, there were a few dark stares from Narcissa toward Hermione, but as long as Hermione's only conversations with Narcissa consisted of those that had to do with work, it seemed that Narcissa was doing just fine.

The week preceding Harry's birthday was a very busy one in the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley was planning the party, giving out invitations to friends and family. She had immersed herself in the plans and it was obvious why.

Ginny, Ron and Hermione would be moved out of the house by the following Monday, and they were packing their things, making sure they didn't forget anything, and were planning it all out. Because Ron and Hermione were working during the day all that week, they were packing in the late afternoon and at night. While the three of them packed, it was hard to ignore Mrs. Weasley's reactions to it. Most of the time, she was very teary, but no one could blame her. The house that once was home to nine witches and wizards was about to be the home of only two.

When Ginny wasn't packing, she was helping with the party planning. Her mother insisted that she had helped and Ginny was only too happy to help if it meant that it would keep her mother happy. But when she had a rare free moment, she was also training for Quidditch. The first day of camp would begin the second week of August, and it had seemed to sneak up on Ginny. She knew that she wouldn't get a single moment of training in in that last week before camp, so she was working harder than ever.

It was hard at first, but on Wednesday, three days before Harry's birthday, George wrote saying that he and Angelina had returned from their long honeymoon. They wouldn't open up Weasley's Wizard Wheezes until the first of the month, so they had some free time. Mrs. Weasley wrote back, inviting them both to the party, and Ginny adding her own request, asking George if he would come a few days early and help her with her training. It turned out better than she planned. George and Angelina turned up and were both happy to help Ginny with her training (if only because they wanted to keep away from Mrs. Weasley's party planning). So Ginny was able to get in some great training, and by the time the eve of Harry's party came around, Ginny felt she was ready.

----------------------------------------------------

(Ginny's POV)

On Saturday, Harry's birthday, Ginny woke up before sunrise and made sure that she was packed up and ready to move in with Harry as soon as the party was over. The night before, she wrote to Harry, telling him about her plan: after the party, she would magically transport her things to Harry's house and that would be it. Harry wrote back, saying he was fine with it, and that he had the spare bedroom ready for her. Ginny's reaction to that was of surprise and relief. Of course, she and Harry wouldn't sleep in the same bed at first. Both knew they weren't ready for it. But she was about to do what she had dreamed of for years: she was about to start her life with Harry.

One might say that to think about it would be to move to fast with it, but to Ginny, she felt she and Harry weren't moving that fast at all. Anyway, wasn't it true that Hermione had moved into the Burrow, with Ron, just days after she had graduated from Hogwarts? Now she and Ron were about to move into a house of their own. Compared to that, Ginny felt that her relationship with Harry was moving slow.

After making sure everything was ready, Ginny left her room and walked down to the bottom floor of the house. Her mother was in the kitchen. The aroma of Harry's birthday cake baking in the oven was mixed with the aromas of the early breakfast.

“Morning, Ginny,” she said, then frowned.

Ginny was about to ask her mother what was wrong, though she knew the answer already. Today would be the last time her mother would be able to say good morning to her. It would be the last time for a lot of things, Ginny realized. She wouldn't wake up in that small bed in her bedroom anymore. She wouldn't get to make her way down the staircase to the bottom floor anymore, basking in the aroma of an early Molly Weasley breakfast. Ginny smiled at her mother and hugged her.

“What was that for?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“I know how you must feel,” Ginny said, “You're not the only one who realizes how much this place is about to change.”

“Oh, don't worry about that,” Mrs. Weasley said, smiling and waving her hand, dismissively, “I knew it was bound to happen, you know. I can't keep you here, from your life. I'll be fine, Ginny. It will just be like it used to be when you kids were away at Hogwarts. Except this time, you won't – won't be coming back.”

Ginny saw a tear in her mother's eye. She hugged her again and Mrs. Weasley smiled again.

“Don't mind me,” she said, “Being silly.”

“I'm going to take a walk around the property,” Ginny said, “For old time's sake, you know.”

“You might run into Ron and Hermione while you're out there, then,” Mrs. Weasley said, “They did the same thing. Went out about twenty minutes ago. I think they were heading for the lake.”

Ginny nodded and walked out the back door. She breathed in the fresh air and started off toward the lake. As she walked, she remembered all the days and nights she spent out there over the years. Eating dinner outside, when the whole family, and their friends, had visited during birthday parties. She laughed when she remembered the night before they went to the Quidditch World Cup, when Bill and Charlie were dueling with tables. Percy had yelled out his window, telling them to stop because he was working. She remembered the two weddings, less than two years apart, that had taken place in the field, under the marquee. She remembered dancing with Harry at the last wedding, and then wondered if she and Harry would get married under a marquee like that in the field there. How handsome Harry would look in a tuxedo as she walked toward him in her spectacular wedding dress. She blushed when she thought about that. It would definitely be a while before that moment, of course.

She broke away from her thoughts and realized she was almost at the lake. As she got closer, she saw Ron and Hermione sitting at the end of the dock. Their legs were dangling off the end of the dock. Ron had his arm around Hermione, and Hermione was resting her head on his shoulder. She realized they were watching the dawn sky as the sun started its traditional rise over the horizon. Ginny felt a pang of jealousy, realizing she had never actually watched the sun rise, nor set, with Harry. Maybe she and Harry could watch the sunset before they left for his house. She'd like that.

Ginny was about to walk away from Ron and Hermione and head to the barn, when Hermione looked up at the right time.

“Hey, Ginny!” she called, “Come over and watch the sunrise with us.”

Ginny shook her head.

“Come on,” Hermione insisted.

Ginny sighed and walked over to the dock. She sat down beside Hermione.

“It's so beautiful, isn't it?” Hermione asked.

“I've seen it before,” Ginny said, with a sigh.

“You won't get a view like this up in London,” Hermione said, “You can bet on it.”

“Watch it, Hermione,” Ron said, “You'll make her want to stay.”

“Your Mum would be happy with that,” Hermione said.

“Yeah,” Ginny said, “She talked to me when I came down to the kitchen. You know what she told me? 'It will just be like it used to be when you kids were away at Hogwarts. Except this time --”

“'This time you won't be coming back',” Ron said, in his best imitation of his mother, “She got you with that line too?”

“Yep,” Ginny said.

“She definitely has a way with words, Mum does,” Ron said.

“Yep,” Ginny agreed, laughing.

“Do you know when Harry's coming?” Hermione asked Ginny.

“In about three hours or so,” Ginny said, “It's what he said in his note.”

“You know,” Ron said, “I can think of somebody who will be very happy that you're moving in with Harry.”

“Who?” Ginny asked.

“Ares, his owl!” Ron said, “I swear that owl's been making the trip down here every couple of days.”

Ginny laughed.

“Yeah, that poor owl has had quite a work-out,” she said.

“Whose fault is that?” Ron asked.

“Well, he won't have to worry about that anymore,” Ginny said, “Anyway... so how is your Mum and Dad taking this, Hermione?

“Actually they're happier I'm moving closer to them,” Hermione said, “When I wrote to them last week that we had an official move-in date to the house, Dad offered to help move stuff into the house. I told them that the movers were going to have all the furniture in the house by the time we got there, and magic would do the rest. I can only guess how he reacted to that.”

“I'm sure they just want to see you,” Ginny said.

“I'll visit them after we get settled in,” Hermione said, “I have to pick up Crookshanks anyway. Poor cat. I've been so busy with work and stuff, I totally forgot about him. Bet he misses me so much.”

Ron scoffed.

“What's your problem?” Ginny asked him.

“Oh, nothing,” Hermione answered for Ron, “When I told him that I had to get Crookshanks, he went on a rant about Pigwidgeon and how Crookshanks would scare him too much. I told him that was rubbish. Crookshanks is used to Pig by now. ”

“Yeah, well,” Ron said, “If you don't get any notes from us, Ginny, you'll know why.”

Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Morning, guys!” said a voice behind Ginny, Ron and Hermione.

They turned around. George and Angelina were walking towards the lake. Since they had been helping Ginny out with her training, they had stayed at the Burrow.

“You trying to stay away from Mum?” George asked when they stepped onto the dock.

“Of course not!” Ginny said, quickly.

“Well, if you were, I can't blame you,” George said, “Course you know she'll find any way she possibly can to get you back here, you know?”

“Heh, right,” Ron said, “Like she got you.”

“Hey!” George said, “That was only because I was injured. I could have stayed in Hogsmeade.”

“That would have been a sight to see, George,” Angelina said, as she and George sat next to Ginny, “You wobbling around on your one good leg trying to get around the shop and flat. You would have hurt yourself more.”

George's face went as bright as his hair.

“I can't complain,” Ron said, “If it wasn't for that, Hermione and I might not have our new house. Most of the earnings we got helped a lot toward getting that house.”

“You're welcome,” George said.

“Have you had a chance to return to Diagon Alley since you got back?” Ron asked.

“We went yesterday,” George said, “If the builders are right, they'll have the shop restored in a couple of days. Ah, the glory of magic. Tom was quite happy to see us back. He said Diagon Alley seemed a little less cheerful without the store there.”

“How are you going to handle both stores?” Hermione asked, “It was quite some work for Ron and I just handling that one.”

“Lee Jordan's going to take over the management of the Hogsmeade branch,” George said.

“I thought you weren't talking to him,” Ginny said.

Ginny remembered that George's old girlfriend, Verity, had cheated on him with Lee Jordan. Of course, if it hadn't been for that, George and Angelina might not be married now. But Ginny couldn't help but wonder how George could forgive Lee for something like that.

“The past is the past, sis,” George said, “When Angelina and I were on our honeymoon, Lee and I sent notes back and forth. He said he's not having any luck with the radio deejay business. So I offered him the job in the Hogsmeade branch. He said he'd happily take it. Besides, if it wasn't for Lee, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes might not be as popular as it is now. He came up with some of the original items that made the shop what it is today. So I had to do him a favor.”

“Plus, it means George and I won't be apart as often as we would have been,” Angelina said, “I'm bloody happy with that, if you ask me. Especially if --”

She cut off and went silent.

“What is it, Angelina?” Hermione asked.

“Should I tell them?” Angelina said to George.

“Go ahead,” George said.

“George and I have decided to start a family,” Angelina said.

“Wow!” Ginny exclaimed.

“It may seem a little soon,” Angelina said, “I mean, we just got back from our honeymoon. But we're okay financially, so we thought 'hey, what the hell? Let's go for it.' Besides, there's nothing better, right?”

“You've been talking to my mother again, haven't you?” George said.

Angelina slapped him on the knee. She then turned and looked at Hermione and Ron.

“So, Hermione,” she said, “I can't help but notice that rock on your finger. When are you two going to – you know?”

Ron blushed.

“Oh!” Hermione said, “Ron and I've discussed it. We're not ready just yet. We're both okay with it.”

“That's good,” Angelina said, “Always good to make sure you're ready. George and I thought were completely ready to get married when the spring came around. Then we decided to wait, and look at us now.”

Ginny sighed under her breath, and looked at the sun as it climbed over the trees past the lake. Here her two brothers were, happily with the ones they loved, watching the sun rise, and there she was sitting by herself. She silently urged Harry to get there quicker, and wished that she could hear his voice, as he walked toward her on that dock. She turned around, as if her sudden wish might have made Harry appear right then and there. When he didn't, she stood up.

“I just realized,” she said, “that if I wanted one last ride on my broom before training camp, I better do it now.”

“Want us to join you?” George asked.

“No!” she said, a little too quickly, “I-I mean, I'm just going to do a little flying. You guys just watch the sun rise.”

“Oh, okay,” George said, “Well, have fun.”

Ginny nodded. As she left the dock, she turned around briefly. Hermione, once again, was resting her head on Ron's shoulder. She laughed at something Ron had said and kissed him on the cheek. Ginny sighed and headed for the barn.

She took her broom from the barn and was soon in the air. She felt free up there. Other than what she felt for Harry, there was no better feeling in the world. It was as if she was made for Quidditch. Thinking back, there was really nothing else she wanted to do with her life. If she hadn't been picked by Gwenog Jones to be a part of the Holyhead Harpies, she was not sure what she would have done. It was hard to think about, and she was relieved she had been chosen. She flew toward the lake, where the trees were much higher and hid her from possibly being sighted by Muggles.

She could see Ron, Hermione, George and Angelina sitting on the dock and talking amongst themselves. George said something that made Angelina laugh, and she pushed him playfully. Suddenly, George lost his balance and fell into the lake with a splash. George resurfaced and Ginny could hear Angelina, Ron and Hermione howl with laughter. George pulled himself back onto the dock, or so Ginny thought. Because, a second later, George pulled Angelina into the lake. Ron and Hermione stood up quickly, and backed away, probably so they wouldn't get pulled in as well. Angelina yelled at George, half-laughter in her voice, as she pulled herself back onto the dock. George pulled himself back up, and said something to Angelina. Ginny thought Angelina would just push him back in, but instead, she pulled George toward her and kissed him.

Ginny rolled her eyes, sighed and turned back in the direction of the barn. She landed and headed back to the Burrow with broom in hand, realizing she needed to bring it along with her. By the time she got there, Ron, Hermione and a very wet George and Angelina were walking up toward the Burrow from the other side.

“Looks like you two had some fun,” Ginny said to George and Angelina.

“It was George's fault,” Angelina said.

“Hey!” George retorted, “You pushed me in.”

“Cause of your loud mouth!” Angelina exclaimed.

“You two better dry up before you go in,” Ginny said.

“We left our wands inside,” George said.

“I have mine,” Hermione said.

She took her wand from her pocket and pointed it at George and Angelina. She muttered an incantation and a gust of hot wind (Ginny could feel it from where she stood) blew on them for a few seconds. They looked very windswept, but were also dry.

“And I thought Ron had a bunch of hot wind!” George said.

“Hey!” Ron said, “Watch it or I'll take you back down to the lake.”

George scoffed. Ginny followed the others inside. Her mother had finished cooking breakfast a few minutes later, which they enjoyed thoroughly, even though it was a simple meal.

------------------------------------------
(Harry's POV)

Harry slept in until eight-o-clock in the morning, then walked down to the kitchen to get some breakfast. His neighbor had baked him some cinnamon buns the day before and given them to him for an early birthday present. He ate a couple, then headed for the fireplace. He took some of the green powder out of the bag and walked into the fireplace.

“The Burrow!” he said, clearly, as he dropped the Floo Powder.

He felt his feet lift off the ground as he took the familiar journey through the Floo Network toward the Burrow. He tucked in his arms and closed his eyes as he passed fireplaces. A few moments later, his feet landed with a small thud. He walked out of the fireplace, into smoke and soot. He was about to take his wand out, when he heard a very familiar voice cast the cleaning spell. When the smoke and soot vanished, He saw Ginny for a mere second, before she ran over to him and hugged him.

“Let the man breathe, Ginny,” Ron said as he and Hermione came into view, “Don't want to suffocate Harry on his birthday.”

“You're a bit early, Harry,” Mrs. Weasley said, as she came in behind Ron and Hermione, “You look famished. Have you eaten anything.”

“A couple of buns,” Harry said, nodding.

Mrs. Weasley sighed.

“Well, at least with Ginny moving in, you'll eat better,” she said, though Harry noticed a tear in her eye when she said this.

“I'll never be as good at cooking as you are, Mum,” Ginny said.

“I think we'll manage,” Harry said.

Mrs. Weasley chuckled.

“We still have a couple of hours until the other guests come, Harry,” she said, “There aren't very many, I assure you. I know you don't like too much attention. Merlin knows you've had all the attention you need for a lifetime.”

“Cheers to that,” Harry said, chuckling.

“Well, I better get back to cooking,” Mrs. Weasley said.

She retreated back into the kitchen.

“Want to take a walk, Harry?” Ginny asked.

“Didn't you just take a walk not an hour ago?” Ron asked.

Hermione slapped him on the shoulder. Harry laughed and nodded to Ginny. They walked through the kitchen and headed outside.

“Oh, almost forgot,” Ginny said, “Happy birthday.”

She kissed him on the cheek, and took his hand as they headed down toward the lake.

“Is that my only present from you?” Harry asked.

“No,” Ginny said, “Mum and I met up with Ron and Hermione after work a couple days ago and went shopping in Diagon Alley.”

“I was wondering why Ron was acting all funny that day,” Harry said, “I said I needed go into Diagon Alley to pick up some owl treats for Ares, and he talked me out of it. Guess I know why.”

Ginny grinned.

“So you all packed?” Harry asked her.

“Yep!” Ginny said, “Though I don't want to leave until it gets dark.”

“Oh yeah?” Harry asked, “Why?”

“Just one of your birthday surprises,” Ginny said, grinning.

“Oh, let me guess!” Harry said, “George has new fireworks to show off? Perhaps some new modifications to his --”

“No,” Ginny said, “Well, maybe. I don't know what George has planned. Could be anything knowing him. But that isn't it. And don't you guess. You wouldn't be able to anyway, but I want it to be a surprise.”

“Okay, I promise,” Harry said.

“Good,” she said, and kissed him on the cheek.

“So how is your Mum dealing with you moving?” Harry asked, “I couldn't help but notice a few waterworks back there.”

“Oh, you know Mum,” Ginny said, “She won't accept I'm gone until I've left. Well, actually it's worse since Ron's moving as well.”

“He and Hermione are still moving into the house tomorrow, right?” Harry asked.

“Yep,” Ginny said, “I think Hermione said the movers are putting the last of their furniture in today.”

Ginny looked up at the sky, and frowned slightly.

“What's wrong?” Harry asked.

“Huh?” Ginny asked, then looked down, “Oh, nothing.”

Harry looked up at the sky. Nothing looked to be wrong, except there were a few stray clouds, though those were miles away. Harry shrugged and let it go.

“Have you been training?” Harry asked.

“Yeah,” Ginny said, nodding, “Enough to get sick of it. George and Angelina have been helping me.”

“So you're ready for camp?” Harry asked.

“Yep,” Ginny said.

“When does it start?” Harry asked.

“A week from Monday,” Ginny said, “I got a letter from Gwenog earlier this week. We train for a month and a half, then our first match is the first Saturday of October. Apparently we face the Chudley Cannons.”

Harry laughed.

“How does Ron feel about that?” he asked.

“I haven't told him,” Ginny said, laughing, “I'm afraid he'll beg me for tickets.”

“Oh, I can see it now,” Harry said, “He'll be rooting for the Chudley Cannons when his little sister is playing for the opposition. He'll get booed out of the stadium.”

“Or worse,” Ginny said.

Harry laughed, and Ginny held his hand and looked up at him.

“I'm so happy I'm moving in with you,” she said.

They stopped near the edge of the lake. Ginny's beautiful eyes were staring right into his. She was on the tips of her toes.

“Happy birthday,” she whispered, inches from his face.

Ginny kissed him, and he returned the kiss. It was bliss, and he felt as if there were nobody in the world besides him and Ginny, and he didn't care. Ginny lost her balance, and fell, bringing Harry down to the soft, dewy ground with her. She only laughed, before she leaned back into Harry and knocked him on his back as she kissed him again. His back was getting wet from the dew, but he didn't care. He felt that if anyone had interrupted the moment, he would have cursed them into oblivion. Luckily, no one interrupted them, and Ginny only broke their kiss when they were running low on oxygen. Ginny laid on his chest, resting on her arms. She was still staring into his eyes. Harry felt lost in her gaze. He put a hand to her face and brushed some hair away from her eyes. To him, there was nothing more beautiful in the world.

“I love you, Harry,” she said.

“I love you too, Ginny,” Harry said.

Ginny smiled and took his hand and kissed it.

“Hey, Harry!” a voice called.

Ginny sighed and looked up.

“What does George want?” Ginny asked, more to herself than to Harry.

“He probably just wants to say hi,” Harry said, “He hasn't seen me since he and Angelina came back from their honeymoon.”

“Well, he could have waited until we went back to the Burrow,” Ginny said annoyed.

She stood up and looked at George.

“He's coming down by himself,” Ginny said to Harry, “You think if he came down to say hello, he'd bring Angelina with him, right?”

“Well,” Harry said, “I guess so.”

“Oi!” Ginny shouted at George, “Can't you see we want our privacy?!”

“I think you'll have enough of that before too long, little sister,” George said, as he walked over to them.

“Ron sent you down, didn't he?” Ginny asked, “Yeah, I bet Hermione stopped him from coming, but he got you to come down. I swear to --”

“Whoa, Ginny, relax!” George said, “Don't fret. Ron didn't ask me anything. I came down by my own will.”

Ginny scoffed.

“Actually,” George said, “I was hoping to talk to Harry.”

“Well, go ahead,” Ginny said.

“In private, sis?” George said.

“Ugh,” Ginny groaned, “Fine. I'll see you back at the Burrow, Harry.”

“See ya,” Harry said.

Ginny kissed him quickly on the cheek, rolled her eyes at George and started walking back to the Burrow. Harry watched her.

“I hope you know what you're getting yourself into, Harry,” George said.

Harry looked at George. He suddenly realized this wasn't going to be a normal conversation. At first, he was surprised. He thought George would be the last person to talk to him about this.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Look, Harry,” George said, “I'm only talking to you about this because I don't want someone like Ron or Dad to do it. You think Ron's protective of Ginny? Right. He's no competition when it comes to my father.”

Harry looked at him skeptically.

“You don't believe me?” George asked, “When it comes to my father, Ginny will always be his little girl. She's his only daughter, and as so, it's a lot harder than when it comes to me and my brothers.”

“Look, George,” Harry said, “I can see what you're getting at. But the main reason Ginny's moving in with me is to be closer to her camp.”

“Harry, I may have done bloody horrible on my NEWT exams,” George said, “But that doesn't mean I'm as thick as a broomstick. Oh, it might be true that you only see this move as that. But Ginny doesn't. You know her as well as I do. She's as feisty as a flame.”

Harry didn't know whether to laugh or yell at George.

“I can tell how much Ginny loves you,” George said, “And I'm sure you love her just as much. Look, Harry. I'm not going to go the predictable 'protective big-brother' route that I'm sure Ron has gone down. I know you won't hurt my sister. I just don't want to see something happen between the two of you that would ruin your relationship. I speak from experience. I've been down the rocky road of relationships and hit many speed bumps. Of course I got back up. If I didn't, I wouldn't be happily married to Angelina. I just don't want to see you and Ginny get hurt.”

“Well, then you don't have to worry, George,” Harry said.

George stared at him. Harry noticed, for the first time, that he had the same color of eyes as Ginny. This didn't help much.

“I believe you, Harry,” George said.

He grinned and patted Harry on the back.

“I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into,” George repeated, though it was in a soft mutter.

Harry rolled his eyes.

“Well,” George said, “I think we better get back before we give Ginny enough time to plot her revenge.”

Harry laughed and agreed.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: End of another chapter! When I started this chapter, it was only going to be one part. Then I realized how long the chapter was getting and decided I better put it in two parts.

Part 2 is next!

Feedback would be great!