View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2007, 3:14 am
Secret Keeper

Re: Why was Voldemort's true identity as Tom Riddle not common knowledge?

I imagine Tom Riddle to be infamous at Hogwarts, but only as Tom Riddle. Only in his close ring of supporters/friends/servants would know him as Voldemort. The people who knew, like possibly teachers and students, probably would be afraid to tell anyone, or would be ashamed they ever liked or taught him. Either way, when Voldemort came out as the new Dark Lord, he was known as Voldemort, or You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or the Dark Lord or stuff like that. He didn't like that Tom was a common name, and wouldn't like if people to know that about him. The more someone knows about you, the more weaknesses they can find in you. Anyways, if everyone knew Tom Riddle and knew how he thought, Voldemort would be much more vunerable.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Last edited by Nicole; August 26th, 2007 at 2:03 pm. Reason: DH discussion not yet allowed in HoM
Sponsored Links