View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:26 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Albus Dumbledore: Character Analysis v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
1. What are your general thoughts on Dumbledore as a character through books 1-7? Do you see a difference in his behavior and/or actions between the books?
I feel that in the first 4 books he was testing Harry to see what Harry was made of . To find out if Harry was up to the task of defeating Voldemort. In the last books he was teaching Harry how to think and how to lead others ,how to make hard decisions and see them through.

Quote:
2. Throughout the books, Dumbledore seems to always be teaching Harry something, but his lessons are sometimes hidden and subtle. What do you believe are the most important lessons Dumbledore taught Harry? Did Dumbledore adequately prepare Harry for the trials that lie ahead in book 7? Is there anything you think Dumbledore should have told Harry before he died?
He taught Harry that the only one who can help Harry was Harry himself. As I said above he taught Harry how to lead others and to follow a plan through.

Quote:
3. What did you think of the revelations of DH regarding Dumbledore's family? How did these tragedies affect the person he is now?
I felt that they helped the reader to understand Dumbledore better they give us a sense of him as a vulnerable man ,not just as the wise old man who has the plan and all the answers.
Quote:
4. Why do you think Dumbledore and Grindelwald were friends? How did Dumbledore's homosexuality affect his susceptibility to Grindelwald's ideas?
The two were like minded boys/young men who shared great ideas about leading the wizard world to greater things . I think it would have been easy for someone to fall for a person who shared their likes and desires ,their interests and ideas.
Dumbledore could have been swept off his feet by Grindelwald's shared passion, for conquest and domination of all of the wizard world ,and then the muggle world too.
Quote:
5. Was Dumbledore right to keep so many secrets from so many people? Was this secrecy because of his sister? Because of his own homosexuality?
I think that after what happened with his sister he wanted to keep everything bottled up inside that way it couldn't be used to hurt him.

Quote:
6. What do you think of Dumbledore's recognition of his own failings? His decision not to enter the Ministry?
I feel that he made a good choice for himself . He knew that he couldn't handle political power so he avoided it .

Quote:
7. Do you think Dumbledore expected too much from Harry? Did he do the right thing? Was it fair to ask Harry to sacrifice himself?
Dumbledore needed Harry to become the tougher and better man than he was, one that could wield political power and make the hard life altering decisions ,that he had to do in order to defeat Voldemort.

Quote:
8. Does the revelation of his homosexuality ultimately affect his character? What actions, if any, do you see differently now?
To me Dumbledore being a homosexual does not alter who he was in the book . I see no difference in his actions.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Sponsored Links