View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2014, 4:08 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Albus Dumbledore: Character Analysis v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimseycauldron View Post
Did he? He was part of the Wizengamot, after all, and he basically saved Snape when Death Eaters were getting sent to Azkaban left and right. Not to mention that he had the ear of the Minister of Magic. Let's not forget the Order of the Phoenix, a very political group. Just because Dumbledore wasn't a politician does not mean that he was apolitical, with no influence. He had a great deal of influence right through book 4. It wasn't until book 5, and the advent of Umbridge at Hogwarts, that he started to lose his standing in the Wizard world.
I agree that the Wizengamot had political aspects, although it was basically a judicial body. However I don't think the Order can be categorized as political. The aim was to defeat Voldemort whom they saw as a threat to wizarding life as they knew it. They weren't aiming to get control of the government in the end.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links