View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2006, 6:59 pm
First Year

Harry Potter and the Dark Lord's Soul

REVIEW HERE
REVIEW HEREREVIEW HEREREVIEW HEREREVIEW HEREREVIEW HEREREVIEW HERE
Book Seven: Harry Potter and the Dark Lord's Soul

Chapter One: Harry’s Idea Harry!

Seventeen-year-old Harry Potter got up out of his bed and stretched. It was 10:00 in the morning, and he still felt tired. It had been like this all summer, ever since Dumbledore died. He got up late every morning, and stayed in his bedroom all day, coming downstairs every once in a while to eat. But today would be different, other than the fact that it was his birthday. Today he would leave the Dursleys, his horrible relatives, who had un-willingly taken him in after Dumbledore had left him on their doorstep. But now Dumbledore, Harry’s headmaster, was dead. Harry’s least favorite teacher, Severus Snape, had murdered him. And thankfully, later today he would go to his best friend Ron’s house for a few days, because Ron’s older brother Bill was marrying Fleur Delacour, a beautiful French girl who had come to Hogwarts for the tri-wizard tournament three years earlier.
The day of the wedding could possibly be the last normal day of Harry’s life. (If he lived.) After the wedding he, Ron, and their other best friend, Hermione Granger who was already at Ron’s house, would plan their year at 12 Grimmauld place (which Harry had inherited from his godfather, Sirius Black). Normally, the three of them would go to Hogwarts--this year they would have been seventh-years. But as of last week, Hogwarts had closed down after centuries of existence.
Hedwig flew into Harry’s room, and Harry went over to his desk, and looked at his birthday presents. He picked up a big, box-like one, and put it on his bed. The package was wrapped with an old copy of the Daily Prophet. He took off the card, opened it, and then read it.

Dear Harry,
Mum’s in over her head with wedding plans. The caterer isn’t here yet, and he was supposed to come this morning and sleep over, Bill’s dress robes need to be washed, and not all of the decorations are up.
P.S. Happy 17th! Now that we’re of age, we can do anything we want! Even magic outside of school! (Have you told the Dursleys yet?!)
Ron

Harry smiled, and untied the string. No, he hadn’t told the Dursleys that he could do magic outside of school yet. He was planning on enchanting Dudley’s college applications to say the opposite of what ever Dudley wrote. Dudley would go screaming to his parents that Harry had done magic, and when Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia by his side, was yelling at him, he would perform a non-speaking charm, and before Aunt Petunia could even shriek, he would apparate to the Weasley’s house. The Dursleys would
Carefully, trying not to rip the newspaper, (Harry would save it for later. It would be interesting to look at.) Harry opened the present, and grinned. On the box it said “Grow your own chair, personalized to your old Hogwarts house! Your choice of furry, silky, or woven! House choice: Gryffindor. Thank you for shopping at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes!
There was a note to:

For your new ‘Grimm-old’ room and it’s portable so you can take it everywhere else!
Ron
Harry went over to his desk, and took the next present. This one was smaller, thinner, and looked more like a rectangle. Of course, it was a book from Hermione. The card read:

Hope you enjoy the present! Happy Birthday! Hope my present is more thoughtful than Ron’s present to me was!
Love from,
Hermione

Hermione had had a fight with Ron on the train back from Hogwarts. Ron had given Hermione an early Birthday present, as they would probably be traveling everywhere during. her birthday in September. Ron had given Hermione a book. The book was called A Biography of Viktor Krum, but all through the book, whenever the book said the words “Viktor” of “Krum”, Ron had enchanted it to say the word “Vikey”. Hermione had been furious and had gone to sit in a compartment with Ginny, who, being Ron’s sister, was happy to join her insulting him.
Harry looked at the note again, and noticed that the handwriting looked rushed, and he wondered why. Hermione’s letters were usually well thought out, was fairly long and the handwriting was extremely neat. After opening the wrapping Harry discovered that the book was entitled Advanced Defensive Arts. Harry rolled his eyes, and put the book down.
The third present was from Ginny. It was a gold picture frame. The photo inside was of Harry and Ginny together. There was a note attached.

Harry-
I miss you. Happy birthday.
-Ginny

The note made a part of his heart split in two. He had also missed Ginny. He broke up with her for her safety. That was all he could say about it. He looked at the photo, and started to cry. It wasn’t only about Ginny, it was about everything. Dumbledore and Sirius dieing, Ginny, no Hogwarts for the rest of his life, and Voldemort. Voldemort was the cause of all of this. If it weren’t for Voldemort none of this would have happened. None of it. This led Harry to thinking about the horcruxes. He dried his eyes, pushed the remaining presents to the side, and thought.
Before he had died, Dumbledore had found a way to defeat Lord Voldemort. The Dark Lord had created horcruxes, which is a part of your soul, which you place into an object. According to Dumbledore, to kill Voldemort, you had to destroy all of them.
Voldemort made seven, as that’s the most powerful magic number. Harry had to find these horcruxes, and take the souls out of them. He had an idea of what they were, objects that used to belong to founders of Hogwarts houses, and Nagini, the snake. The last one was probably something of Rowina Ravenclaw’s, or Godric Gryffindor’s (two house founders.)
Harry sat down on his bed, and thought about what the final horcrux could be. He thought, and thought about it until Aunt Petunia came upstairs, and into his room. (Without knocking, of course.) “Harry. It’s lunchtime.” She said. Harry didn’t know why, but ever since he came back from his most recent term at Hogwarts, she had been much nicer to him. Maybe it was because of the talk Dumbledore had with her about a year ago, or because she had gotten tired of trying so hard to make him miserable. He pushed the thought out of his mind, and went downstairs, He was starving!
As he entered the kitchen, he saw his Uncle Vernon and his cousin, Dudley. Unlike Aunt Petunia, his cousin and Uncle acted towards him like they normally did…like he wasn’t even there. But this time Uncle Vernon was ignoring Petunia. They had an argument the night before, and Harry had heard it in his bed. He was surprised to find out that it was about him, and he remembered it all quite clearly.
“Why are you being so nice to him?”
“He’s my nephew!”
“So?”
“His mother is my sister!”
“He’s anything but normal! You hate your sister!”
“I think it’s stupid that he should be miserable just because…because...” “Because what?”
“Because he’s a WIZARD!”
Harry ignored the silence and sat down. He took a sandwich, poured himself a glass of water and started eating his lunch.
“So, Dudley m’ boy, gonna get to work on those college applications later I
suppose?”
“Mmm hmm,” replied Dudley through a mouthful of pickles, turkey, lettuce and tomato. “Godna try do ged indo oksfurd.”
“Oh!” squealed Petunia. “My little Dudders is going to go to Oxford!” “Mum,” said Dudley, blushing. “I haven’t even sent in my application.”
“But my Ickle Duddykins can get into any college he wants!” Harry rolled his eyes, and continued eating.
When Harry was done, he went up to his room and sat down on his bed. He was trying to think of what the last horcrux could be, when an idea popped into his head. “Of course!” he exclaimed, jumping up. “The sorting hat!” the sorting hat was used by first-years at Hogwarts to determine which house they should each be in. “It has to be! It used to be Gryffindor’s!” He remembered quite clearly that in a song years ago, the sorting hat said that Gryffindor had taken him off his own head. The sorting hat was the perfect hiding spot. Dumbledore kept it in his office, and no one would dare steal from Dumbledore! The only time it wasn’t in his office, was during the sorting where the whole school was. Hagrid had always said that Hogwarts was the safest place on earth…

Dear Ron and Hermione,

Sorting hat=soul? (chuorrx)

-Harry

Ron and Hermione would know what this meant. Harry just hoped that no one else would, (although they may be able to unscramble the word “horcrux”) should the message be intercepted. “No.” he told himself. “No. No one will be able to understand it. He sealed the letter with some wax, and gave it to his owl, Hedwig, and told her to bring it to Ron’s house.
Hedwig was in the air, about 15 feet away from his house, when Harry heard someone yell “Stupefy!” and Hedwig, along with the letter, fell down to the ground.

PLEASE REVIEW! IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER!
-hp_fanatic_101
to review, click here

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )-Lord Bunnymort

Last edited by hp_fanatic_101; January 24th, 2006 at 12:10 am.
Sponsored Links