View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2006, 1:53 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Dark Lord's Soul

CHAP TWO:

HERMIONE’S POV

Hermione Granger was crying in her room at the Burrow. Her boyfriend, Viktor Krum had just broken up with her. Well, he wasn’t her “boyfriend”, exactly. In her fourth year, he had come to Hogwarts to participate in the Triwizard tournament, and he had asked her out to the Yule Ball, and in the second task for the tournament, she was picked as something very dear to him. They had been pen pals after he had gone home to Bulgaria. Ron always teased her about him, calling him “Vikey”, which he knew annoyed her deeply. She looked at the tear-stained note again, hoping to see the words “gotcha!” or “Early April Fools!” although she had already read it too many times to count.

Dear Hermione,
I know that we have been friends for a long time, even a little bit more than friends, but I can not do that anymore. I am getting married this April, to a girl named Lisa McCarson. I am sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, but I didn’t want to hurt you. But face it, Hermione-I am four years older than you. I must tell you about her now, as and I want you to be one of our bridesmaids, and I can not live like this any longer. I hope that we can still keep in touch.
Please forgive me. I am sorry.
-Viktor

How could he do this t her? Tell her that he cared so much about her, and then say that he was engaged? And then, right after that, ask her to be his bridesmaid? She thought that he was more caring than that. She wanted to have a long talk with this Lisa McCarson. But keep in touch? With him? Never.
There was a knock on the door.
“Hermione? Can I come in? It’s Ron. I need to ask you something.”
“Ron?” Ron? Oh, no! thought Hermione. The last thing I need right now is an argument about some stupid thing that he wants to yell at me about. And besides. I don’t want to be comforted. Oh no! My face must look terrible! I bet that it’s all red and blotchy!
“Umm…Hermione? You haven’t said anything for about ten seconds.”
“Oh! Sorry. Umm…just a second!” called Hermione, trying to keep her voice steady.
She dried her eyes on the sleeve of her robe, and muttered a spell to make the redness go away, but she was in such a rush that it didn’t work, which she didn’t notice. She grabbed a random book, and sat down on the bed, like nothing abnormal was going on.
“Come in!”
Ron opened the door and walked in.
“What’s up?”
“What do you mean?”
“Your face-it’s red. And you’re reading How to Discipline Your House-Elf upside-down. Are you okay?”
“Oh! Umm…” started Hermione, blushing.
Ron came in, and sat down next to her on the bed.
“What happened?”
“Nothing,” She said hastily.
“Hermione, I’m your best friend. You can tell me.”
Hermione looked down for a few seconds, thinking. Then, suddenly, she burst into tears.
“Oh, Ron!” she sobbed. “It’s Viktor!”
Ron’s face darkened at this, but she didn’t notice.
“He’s…He’s…oh, I can’t say it! Read this!” she said, handing him the note.
He read the letter carefully, and when he was done, he muttered “The big stupid, ugly git.”
“What did you say?” asked Hermione.
“I said that the pig…the fig…oh what the heck! I said that he’s a big, stupid, ugly, git!”
To his surprise, Hermione laughed at this.
“Thank you for saying that. I thought that I was the only one thinking that.”
Ron smiled, and laughed. At this, Hermione poured her heart out to him. About Viktor, about everything.
3:00 found Hermione drying her eyes on her sheets, and Ron patting her back.
“Don’t worry Hermione. It’ll be okay. Someone who does something that horrible to you is no use crying over.”
“Thanks, Ron.”
“No problem. Now come on. Let’s go play chess with Ginny.”
“Okay.”
And before he knew it, Hermione was hugging him tighter then she ever had before.
“Thank you, Ron. I don’t know what I could do without you.”
“Your welcome,” said Ron, feeling his face getting hot. “Before we go downstairs, you should write Harry’s birthday card.” He said, noticing the parchment on her nightstand, saying nothing but Dear ‘Harry’,
“Okay,”

PLEASE REVIEW! IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER!

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )-Lord Bunnymort

Last edited by hp_fanatic_101; January 18th, 2006 at 3:33 am.
Sponsored Links