View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2006, 3:37 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Dark Lord's Soul

A/N: sorry i haven't posted for a while! i've been @ my gransparents, and I've been behind on my schoolwork, etc.
anyway,i'm changing the way i'm doing this. What i'm gonna do is: instead of posting a chapter every few days/per week, I'm gonna post a LOT every once in a while, for 2 reasons:
1) If I post one chapter every few day/per week, its 2 much pressure, and i wanna make the chapters longer and better.

2) it can annoy me when the story leaves off on a cliffhanger, and i have to wait for who knows how long!

thnk you!

Snape walked over to the trunk which Harry lay inside of, and kicked it. He tuned the latch, and lifted the lid. Harry tried to think of something that he could do. He couldn’t.
He felt the neck of his shirt being grabbed, and then couldn’t breathe. Snape had picked him up by the back of his collar, and was dragging him to where Ron and Hermione stood.
This is it. He thought. Voldemort is going to kill me. Harry never understood the saying ‘his whole life flashed before his eyes.’ He knew what it meant, but how could someone’s whole life go through their eyes in just a few seconds? Now he understood. Everything and everyone important to him went through his head. Hogwarts, the Order, my broom, Quiddich, Ron and Hermione… What wouldn’t he give to feel that wonderful sensation of being lifted off the ground one more time? To glance around for the golden snitch. To look into Ron and Hermione’s smiling faces once more. Ron and Hermione…Harry looked into their faces. He could see silent tears streaming down Hermione’s cheeks, and Ron trying to comfort her, but Harry could tell that he was just as scared as she was.
Harry thought and thought. What could he do? He couldn’t apparate, and Voldemort knew that. But Hermione could. He turned to Hermione, and took her hand. She gave him a surprised expression, and Ron gave him a reproachful glare. Harry rolled his eyes, and shook his head. He grabbed Ron’s sleeve, and leaned in towards Hermione’s ear.
“Apparate.”
Hermione’s eyes widened. She hadn’t realized how she could have been so stupid! She nodded, and closed her eyes. Destination, Determination, Deliberation. She formed a clear picture of the Burrow’s kitchen in her mind, and gave a sharp turn. Harry felt that apparating sensation again, and closed his eyes. The last thing he saw was Lord Voldemort, who was red in the face with fury.
He opened his eyes, and realized that he was at the Burrow. He could see the whole Weasley family, excluding Percy who was living in London, running towards them, and before he knew it, he was dangerously close to toppling over underneath the weight of seven people, two of them fully grown.
“Oh Harry dear, are you okay?”
“Harry, Ron Hermione. You should go rest.”
“Blimey, Mum. Give them some space!”
“Okay, then. Come have something to eat.”
Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat down at the table, where they were stuffed to the brim with sandwiches, pumpkin juice, and treacle tart. Harry would have immensely enjoyed himself, if he hadn’t been trying so hard not to look at Ginny. He could feel her gaze drilling into his heart. But if he looked at her, then he knew he wouldn’t be able to resist her. He talked to Ron and Hermione instead.
“Guys. Let’s go to my room.” He said, looking determinedly at his feet. “You can help me…unpack.”
“But you don’t have any ba…”
“Ronald!”
Harry felt his face growing hot. He gestured to Ron and Hermione to follow him, which they did. They ran upstairs and quietly slipped into Fred and George’s room where he would be sleeping for the next few days. He turned towards Ron and Hermione, and took a deep breath.
“What happened? You two wrote to me over the summer, and told me that you would stay safely in the Burrow! And then I turn around, and you’re about to get killed by Voldemort! Tell me what happened. And I want the truth.”
Ron and Hermione blushed deeply, and there were a few moments silence. Hermione was the first to speak.
“Harry. We were doing what you told us to, Harry. We really were! You see, I was upset about…something, and Ron came in to my room, and helped me feel better! I was doing just fine, when…” then Ron took over.
“When Professor Lupin came…”
“Lupin?”
“Yes, Lupin! Well, he came for a visit, and asked if he could talk to us privately. We thought that, well, it was Lupin, and he doesn’t usually do something like this, so it must have been important! We took him up to my room, when…”
This time it was Hermione took over.
“Oh, Harry! He took our arms, and leaned in close to us. We thought that he was telling us a secret or something, when he just apparated us out of there, and into the graveyard! Oh, he must have been under the imperius curse, or one of the werewolves got one of his hairs, and brewed a polyjuice potion, or something! He made us stand in one place, and then Vol…Voldemort came, and then…and then you showed up!”
Harry pondered this for a moment.
“Okay,” he said. A wave of relief swept over his friend’s faces. “But you do know that now we need to be extra careful from now on. Voldemort must know where we are, if he sent Lupin, or whoever he was to get you two. We now have no reason to leave the Burrow before we go to Godric’s Hollow. We really should just stay put.
“He’s right, you know,” said a voice in the door. Ginny was standing there, with her eyebrows raised, her arms crossed over her chest, looking at them.
“Ah!” Harry jumped back in surprise, and toppled onto his bed. He looked at Ron and Hermione for help as she stepped into the room, but they were looking at Ginny instead. They gave each other knowing glances. Finally Ron turned to Harry.
“Sorry, mate. Mum probably wants Hermione and me to…er…do the dishes from lunch! It’s our day.”
Harry couldn’t believe his ears. His friends had to leave him now? Not now of all times! Then he got it! They wanted him to come with them, so he wouldn’t have to be in the same room with Ginny for to long!
“Er…I’ll come, too.”
“No, you can’t, Harry,” Explained Hermione. “Ron’s Mum er…was very clear that we had to do it alone and um…so there’s really no point in you going. We’ll just leave.” And with that, his two best friends slipped out the door, and left Harry, feeling betrayed, gaping at the spot that they were ten seconds ago. He turned to Ginny, and tried to look convincingly interested in his fingernails. Don’t look into her eyes he told himself in his head repeatedly. Just don’t.
Harry knew that he had to say something, just to get her away. He knew, deep down, that if he stayed long enough, then she would eventually win.
“Ginny, listen…” he started. But he was interrupted by Ginny.
“No, you listen. This is stupid! This isn’t helping protect me, Harry! If Voldemort doesn’t know about me already, then he never will! Hermione told me about the prophecy yesterday. I want you to summarize it for me.”
Harry stood up, and looked at the ceiling this time. Hermione had told her? Well, that was just great. He took a deep breath. “It says that I’m supposed to kill him, or he’s supposed to…kill me.”
“Go on.”
“Er…” he was doing his best to remember. “He marked me as his equal, and I have the power that he knows not…”
“Which is?”
Harry turned red, and looked at his shoes. “Love,” he mumbled.
“What?” said Ginny, holding her hand up to her ear.
“Love!”
Ginny raised her eyebrows and said “Mmm hmm. I see. So what you’re saying is that the way that you’re supposed to defeat Voldemort is love, so you dump me?”
Harry sighed. “Ginny, I can’t.”
“Yes you can!”
“No, I can’t. I don’t want you to get hurt! I won’t be able to stand it if you die or get hurt because of me!”
“I don’t care, Harry!”
“Well, I do.” He turned away from Ginny. She rolled her eyes.
“For your information, I’m not the little girl that I used to be, who would run away whenever she saw you.
“I’ve noticed.”
“Harry, please!”
He turned around, and finally looked into her eyes. Darn it, she had beautiful eyes. He tried to keep his head straight, and not give in.
“You don’t know how much I want to, Ginny. You don’t know how much I miss you! But its way to risky!” He took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Ginny. It can’t happen.”
He had tried to resist before, but now she was just being unfair. Her eyes had gotten to be what he was sure was twice their normal size, and the look on her face was just unbearable; full of sadness, and hurt. Even when she was upset, she was beautiful. He couldn’t take it any longer. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissed her. They stood like that for a long time, and finally broke apart when they heard Ron and Hermione s******ing in the doorway.
“See, Gin?” Ron asked. “I told you it would work!”
“It was a set-up?” asked Harry, shocked.
“Sorry, mate. We know you well enough to know what to do!” Ron said.
“We are really sorry, Harry!” Hermione looked truly apologetic.
Harry smiled. “Thank you.”
Ginny’s eyes filled up with tears. She flung her arms around Harry, knocking him onto the couch. They just lay there, kissing for a very long time. At least by the time Mrs. Weasley called Harry down to say hi to everyone, Ron and Hermione had been long gone.
Harry ignored the call. He and Ginny had a lot of catching up to do.

a/n #2: Hey! new chappie! so don't forget to review!

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )-Lord Bunnymort

Last edited by hp_fanatic_101; March 26th, 2006 at 10:06 pm.
Sponsored Links