View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:07 pm
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Dark Lord's Soul

Ron and Hermione were playing a game of wizard’s chess. Or, shall I say that Ron was beating Hermione at wizard’s chess. They were sitting on the floor, and had just stolen a few candies from the kitchen.
“That was sweet,” said Hermione absently, thinking about what and just occurred upstairs, and playing with a strand of hair that had escaped from its usual spot behind her ear.
Ron raised his eyebrows, assuming that she meant the candies. “Well, duh! They’re supposed to be!”
Hermione just laughed at this, and moved her pawn a space ahead.
“I mean,” she continued “I wish that I could just do that with someone!”
“Hermione! What do you think that we’re doing right now! This is great! I’ve wanted to do it for some time now but I couldn’t! It takes two people to!” said Ron. The candy jar had spells on it, which needed two people to break. (it was originally three people, but Mrs. Weasley had loosened up the security once Fred and George had moved out.)
“Excuse me?”
“What?” All he’d said was that they were eating candies! “I love this! And don’t tell me that you don’t! I can see that look in your eyes! You want to do it again!”
Hermione blushed deeply. “We did not! And if we did, I certainly wouldn’t want to do it again!” she stood up.
“It was your idea in the first place, Miss Innocent! Don’t go acting like that!” he stood up this time.
Hermione was shocked. That was just a dream she had had the previous night! It couldn’t have actually happened! Could it? Her heart skipped a beat. She was about to say something, but she was interrupted by Ron.
“I can’t believe you don’t want do it again! Those were the best candies I’ve ever had!
Candies?
“Candies, Ron? What do you mean”
“What? Isn’t that what we’ve been talking about this whole time?”
Hermione gaped at him. Of course! He wasn’t talking about…snogging! He was talking about the candies that they had stolen! She couldn’t help it. She started laughing so hard, that she fell onto the floor. The chess pieces all ran away to the other side of the board, screaming.
“Umm…Hermione, what’s so funny?” asked a bewildered Ron. But this just seemed to set her even more off the top.
Once Hermione had calmed down a little, she explained to Ron what was going on.
“You thought that…we were…talking about candies…” she managed to say between giggles.
“But…but…weren’t we?”
“Well,” *giggle* “You were! I was talking about *giggle* Harry and Ginny!” *giggle* “You know what I mean!”
Ron’s face went pale, and then he started laughing, too.

“It was very sweet,” said Hermione, once she and Ron had stopped laughing. Ron rolled his eyes.
“Oh come off it, Ron! It was adorable!”
He looked down at his feet, blushing. “It was…odd. Hermione, you know how I feel about my sister dating. It’s odd. But I guess that it’s for her own good. Better Harry than everyone else.”
Hermione looked up at him with sad eyes. “I know, Ron. It’s hard for you. But you’ll get used to it. Just…” she paused. “Sort of…go with it. We know Harry. He won’t hurt Ginny.” She sighed. “I just hope that everything works out fine. You know…with the horcruxes and all. Ron…I’m really scared.” She said quickly. Ron had a feeling that she had wanted to say this for a long time. Her eyes suddenly filled up with tears.
“I know, Hermione.” He replied. “We all are.”

A/N: don't forget to review!

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )-Lord Bunnymort
Sponsored Links