View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2007, 6:24 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: The next Harry Potter Remake

Here's the next part

My old script Part III:    

PS: The Letter's from No One27A - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

As Harry opens the door to come in, he screws up his nose and walks over to the sink, where Petunia is DYING CLOTHES GREY.

HARRY POTTER
What’s this?

Petunia turns on Harry, lips tightened, but answers.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Your new school uniform.

Harry looks uncertainly in the bowl

HARRY POTTER
Oh, I didn’t realize it had to be so wet.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Don’t be stupid. I’m dyeing some of Dudley’s old things grey for you. It’ll look just like everyone else’s when I’ve finished.

Harry looks at the clothes on the grey water. The camera ZOOMS IN to this.

27B - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Harry is now eating A SINGLE PIECE OF TOAST at the KITCHEN TABLE. Dudley and Uncle Vernon come in with wrinkled noses. Vernon is carrying the newspaper. He unfolds it and begins to read it when he is seated. Dudley is carrying his SMELTINGS STICK. He places this next to the large serving of BACON AND EGGS he was just given by Petunia. She places Vernon’s on the table, and as she is just about to return to the kitchen, the NOISE OF LETTERS DELIVERED is heard. Petunia stops dead for a slight moment, then continues back to the kitchen.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get the mail, Dudley.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Make Harry get it.

Vernon takes down the newspaper and notices for the first time that Harry is in the room.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get the mail, Harry.

HARRY POTTER
Make Dudley get it.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley.

And Dudley, happy for an excuse to use it, reaches for his Smeltings stick, while shovelling food in with his other hand. He turns around and finds Harry has already gone past.

28 - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Harry walks to the pile of letters lying on the MAT glumly. He picks them up and they are shown to the audience: A POSTCARD SHOWING ISLE OF WIGHT AND A FAT WOMAN, AUNT MARGE, WHO LOOKS LIKE VERNON; A BILL; and A LETTER OF YELLOW PARCHMENT WITH THE WORDS: Mr H. Potter, The Cupboard under the Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey WRITTEN ON IN GREEN INK. Harry stares at the letter, it is unbelievable. He turns it over to see A COAT OF ARMS FORMED BY A LION, EAGLE, BADGER AND SNAKE AROUND AN ‘H’ ON A PURPLE WAX SEAL. Then…

VERNON DURSLEY (OV)
Hurry up, boy! What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?

Vernon chuckles at his own joke. Harry is out of his trance and motions towards the door.

28 - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Harry walks back in, still staring at his letter. It is separate to the bill and postcard now and he hands this to Vernon, who is still behind the newspaper.

VERNON DURSLEY
Marge’s ill. (speaking to Petunia) Ate a funny whelk…
But he is cut off by Dudley.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Dad! Dad, Harry’s got something!

Harry is shown to be just about to be unfolding the LETTER inside, but it is forced away my Vernon.

HARRY POTTER
That’s MINE!

He tries to snatch it back.

VERNON DURSLEY
Who’d be writing to you?

Petunia looks at Harry and the letter, looking as though she thinks she knows this answer, but at the same time doesn’t want to know the answer. Vernon opens the letter and on first glance is frozen, and terrified.

VERNON DURSLEY
P-P-Petunia!

Dudley reaches this time. Harry just looks confused. Petunia, thinking she knows what it is, takes it from Vernon. She reads it for about 2 seconds and when she finishes, she looks as though she is about to faint, but chokes a few words.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Vernon! Oh my goodness – Vernon!

They stare at each other. Dudley gives Vernon a hit on the head with his Smeltings stick for being ignored.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
I want to read that letter!

HARRY POTTER
I want to read it, as it’s mine.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get out, both of you

He stuffs the letter in his pocket. Neither move.

HARRY POTTER
I WANT MY LETTER!

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Let me see it!

VERNON DURSLEY
OUT!

Vernon chucks them out of the room.

29A - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Vernon slams the door in their faces. Harry and Dudley have a silent fight over the keyhole, Dudley ends up barging Harry so that he lands on the BOTTOM STEP, which SQUEAKS, but Dudley does not care, he is already listening through the keyhole, though looking bored.

29B - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Petunia has heard the squeak through the door and seems to be more scared at this, possibly disgusted. He looks down at the envelope that she is now holding, and addresses Vernon.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Vernon, look at the address – how could they possibly know where he sleeps? You don’t think they’re watching the house?

VERNON DURSLEY
Watching – spying – might be following us.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
But what should we do, Vernon? Should we write back? Tell them we don’t want…

29C - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Harry is lying on his stomach listening through the crack under the kitchen door. The light shifts around in the crack, and a shot shows feet pacing.

29D - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Vernon stops pacing

VERNON DURSLEY
No. No, we’ll ignore it. If they don’t get an answer … yes, that’s best … we won’t do anything…

PETUNIA DURSLEY
But…

29E - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

The camera zooms into a confused Harry.

VERNON DURSLEY (OV)
I’m not having one in the house, Petunia! Didn’t we swear when we took him in we’d stamp out that dangerous nonsense?

OK I had real trouble with the letter scene because I built up Petunia's charcter, but then when it came to her reaction to the letter it didn't fit. I left the stuff I added in there I hope it works, but I'm not sure.
---
Scene 26 and 27A are cut now, just so you know

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:02 pm. Reason: Expand, fieldset
Sponsored Links