Thread: Runaway
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2007, 2:38 am
Sixth Year

Re: Runaway

Chapter Fourteen

Dear Sirius,
Are you insane!? Running away from home like that without telling any of us? You could have been killed! That was really, really irresponsible of you. You’re very lucky that James found you! He told me that you were badly hurt. What happened to you? As soon as the full moon passes, I’m going to come over there to make sure that you’re alright. And what is your mother going to do? You know how angry she gets, what is she going to do when she finds you? Did you even think of the consequences of running away? I doubt it. You and James are both stubborn, impulsive, spontaneous fools. You never think these things through. I hope you learned your lesson! You should have sent an owl to one of us, and then we could have helped you! Don’t you ever, ever do that again; it scared me half to death when James sent me that owl telling me what had happened. Of course I knew that something had happened when you weren’t answering my letters. So I sent an owl to James and he said that you hadn’t been answering the mirror either. Please think next time before you do something stupid! And you wonder why you weren’t chosen as Head Boy. You are very, very lucky that you didn’t die in the middle of nowhere; we would never have found you! I can’t believe you were this irresponsible! I hope that you’ve thought long and hard about what you did. I’ll be over soon to see you. I hope that you’re feeling better and that you’ve thought about your actions.

Remus

Sirius chuckled softly as he read the letter. Remus could be such a worry-wart sometimes. But still, he was right; he should have thought things through before he ran away. Otherwise he wouldn’t have ended up like this.

Sirius handed the letter over to James, who read it quickly. He snorted and said,

“I told you! He just kept saying how irresponsible and stupid you were mate. What a waste of parchment.”

Sirius smiled, and then looked at the next envelope. This one was from Peter.

Padfoot,
I heard that you ran away. I hope that you’re alright. It’s a good thing that Prongs found you, otherwise you might have died. I’ve been thinking about running away from home too, but you’ve changed my mind. I don’t want to end up like you. I hope that you’re okay, and I’ll see you at school.
Wormtail

After reading this letter, James shook his head.

“‘He wanted to run away from home’, I doubt it. He’s probably just saying that you impress you or something Padfoot. I swear, Wormtail’s thicker than a brick wall.”

Sirius didn’t hear this last part, because the next letter had caught him off guard. It was from his uncle, Alphard.

“How did he know I was here?” Sirius wondered out loud.

“Who?” asked James, leaning over to see the name. “Oh him, I dunno mate.

An owl flew in here yesterday and it was addressed to you.”

Curious as to what his uncle had written, Sirius opened the letter and began to read.

Dear Sirius,
I hope that this letter finds you alive and well. It’s a highly trained owl, and supposedly it’s able to find you no matter where you are. I hope that you’re someplace safe, and that you’re okay.
Unfortunately I have some bad news for you. It’s about your brother, Regulus. I’m afraid Sirius, that he’s joined the death eaters. I’m sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you have a right to know. I don’t know where he is, or if he’s still alive, your parents thought he was a hero for joining Voldemort. An idiot more like, he’ll be killed, either by an Auror or by a death eater. Your mother wasn’t too happy about you running away, but you don’t have to worry about her coming after you, she’s “removed you from the family”. And me as well, when she found out that I gave you that gold to help you escape. Oh well, it’s not a big loss.
I don’t know whether I’ll be able to contact you again, but I wish you the best of luck in your new life.
Your uncle,
Alphard Black

It took Sirius a long time to process what he had just read. His brother, his little brother Regulus, had joined the death eaters. He had become one of those pure-blood obsessed murderers. He had become a follower of Voldemort. And his parents loved him for it . . .

James took the letter from out of Sirius’ limp hands and read it over. When he was done he looked at Sirius sadly and said, “I’m sorry Sirius.”

Sirius nodded. He stared into space, not thinking at all. His mind was a total blank.

“Hey, Sirius?”

Sirius looked over at James.

“Yes?”

“This might not be the best time, but, what happened to you, after you left home?”

Sirius was silent for a while.

“Of course if you don’t want to talk about it now, I understand.”

“No, it’s alright.” Sirius said.

And he proceeded to tell James everything that had happened to him after his friends had left him at Platform 9 ¾. When he got to the part when his mother used the Crucio curse on him, James cried out angrily. And when Sirius told him about his encounter with old Steve, James’ jaw dropped, and he sat there dumbstruck for a while.

“And then I ran and ran, until I collapsed on your porch.” Finished Sirius. “I blacked out and the next thing I knew, I was here.”

James stared as Sirius disbelievingly.

“Wow,” he said, “That’s, that’s unbelievable.”

“Yes,” murmured Sirius. “Unbelievable.”

And he lay back in bed, until the weariness of his travels caught up with him again, and he drifted off to sleep.

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Sponsored Links