View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:24 am
Suteki da ne

CoS Speed Writing Competition 2013

I am pleased to announce that the CoS speed writing competition will open on Tuesday 2nd April.

The aim is to write between 40000 and 70000 words between 2nd April and 30th June. We will not be counting words (I trust you, I'll take your word for it!), because I am pretty much doing this myself! I will say, if you want to share your story, you can put it into the Novella section, just add CoS Speed Write to the title, so we know what it is.

This isn't about winning as such, it's a test of your writing. A lot of us were discussing how NaNoWriMo seems a bit short timewise for some, so that's why we've got three months to do this!

If you're interested in taking part, post in this thread. Once the contest is launched, you can keep track of your progress here, as well as discussing techniques and well, anything else a writer may need to discuss! It's not a strict competition, either. If you've got a story you're already working on, that's fine to use. If you're a bit short on the word count, that's fine too, because you're still using the time to work on something.

I've never managed to win NaNoWriMo, I lose interest very quickly, because of the 30 day limit, I get stuck and don't know where to go. Hopefully the longer time limit will help with this. I also want to say that this isn't a copy of NaNoWriMo, it's just that the 30 day limit isn't for everyone, so I decided on a longer timescale.

Finally, I just want to thank you all for taking the time to read this, and hopefully be interested in taking part! It's the first time I've done something like this, so I hope it goes well!

Start Date: 2nd April
End Date: 30th June
Suggested Word Count: 40000-70000 words

Any Questions Contact Schlubalybub

Oh, and I'll just add- yes, I am taking part as well as setting this up...

If you change your mind

Last edited by Schlubalybub; March 30th, 2013 at 4:48 pm.
Sponsored Links