View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2016, 5:49 am
Sixth Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhaps View Post
Yes, there will be two different editions! The one getting published on July 31st is the 'Special Rehearsal Edition', which will be the script as it will stand before previews start. During the preview shows some changes are deemed to happen, so later on (a date hasn't been announced) a Definitive version of the script will be published.

And yes, I'll for sure get both of them. And there's no question about release parties, they WILL happen. There's a reason why the release date is July 31st at 00:01 a.m. - I'll watch the play in London on the 27th of July, so i'll stay around for the release parties that same weekend!!! I'm so excited.
I'm excited too. I'm a teacher, and I have a countdown on the white board by my desk (129 days!). I've managed to get about half of my students to start reading Harry Potter. Those who are, are excited. Those who aren't think I'm crazy.

I just noticed too that the book will be 320 pages long. That's pretty large - a lot longer than I would expect a play to be.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Sponsored Links