Thread: The Elder Wand
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:24 am
McMugwump Supreme

The Elder Wand

Was I the only one slightly confused when it came to Harry's explanation of who the Elder Wand really belonged to in the final battle?

Quote:
" ... the Elder Wand recognised a new master before Dumbledore died, someone who never even had laid a hand on it. The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realising exactly what he had done, or that the world's most dangerous wand had given him its allegiance ..."
Right, so the wand belongs to Draco Malfoy. OK then. But Draco never received the wand, it stayed with Dumbledore.

Then this:

Quote:
"Does the wand in your hand know its last master was disarmed? Because if it does ... I [Harry] am the true master of the Elder Wand."
What on earth? Which "last master" is he referring to? Dumbledore? Draco? Snape? To be fair I haven't read HBP since last year, so my memory isn't that fresh, but I'm a bit confused. Anyone?

Oh and when Harry said he was going to put the Elder Wand back "where it came from" where is that, exactly? In Dumbledore's Tomb? Or ... ?

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Sponsored Links