View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2014, 1:31 am
Snidget of Champions

Re: The NFL Football Thread v2

Looks like the Patriots did take advantage of the free agency after all: some of their additions seem a bit mysterious to me, but the Patriots organization has a way of accessing formerly untapped potential.

I was a bit surprised to see the Packers latch onto Julius Peppers: there were hints of an active free agency, but I expected ~3 additions, not one monstrous one! I hope Peppers can slide into the 3-4 and help solidify the Packers porous defense.

Lots of other movement in the free agency, but the one that stands out to me is the Texans release of Schaub: the Texans went from being a playoff-caliber team two seasons ago, to the worst this season with similar personnel, to complete rebuilding mode. I would have kept Schaub for at least one more season to ease the transition a bit from top tier to complete rebuilding.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Sponsored Links