View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2007, 7:34 pm
Second Year

Re: HP Movie "Chapter-a-Day" DVD Discussion V2

This is - how weird it might sound - one of my favourite scenes in the movie. The reason is that it is one of the few places in the movie where you get "two scenes in one scene". I love how Harry argues with Ron, then turns around, faces Malfoy and sees the ferret scene. I love it because they didn't cut it and suddenly transferred to a whole new place. It was longer, and had that everyday randomness feel that made it so much more believable and plausible for me.

I was happily suprised that they kept the badges - it seemed to be one of those "not necessary for the main plot - ergo useless"-things that would be cut - yet they kept it. Those details makes the movie so much better in my opinion.

The argue was great, although I didn't like Seamus going on about things blowing up all the time. He did it once in PS, no need to make it a Seamus-trait. I liked that Ron seemed bored, like spending time with Seamus wasn't nearly as fun and interesting as being friends with Harry.

Draco Malfoy and Snape was horribly underused in this movie - and I really am not sure if Draco really was such a wuss in the books as he is portrayed to be in the movies? The last two movies in particular.

I disagree with you on the ferret scene, DarwingMayFlower. Simply because it could have provoked reactions of offense and disgust. Even though we know it's Malfoy, what we see is an anmial, and I believe there are strict rules when it comes to how much animal abuse you can show in a low-rated movie. And starting a debate about animal welfare would take the focus away from what matters in this scene.

I love Maggie Smith in this scene - she is just as stern and stiff as McGonagall is supposed to be. I actually think that Smith - of all the great HP actors - is the one that comes closest to the character she is portraying. She does an outstanding job as McGonagall!

I am not too sure about Gleeson. It wasn't how I had envisioned Moody, neither the appereance nor the way he acts. He was cute with his "might have mentioned it"-line, though - looked like a boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Yes, I thought the same thing about the "greesy hair"-line. Yet I love the fact that this time Draco doesn't get away with his "I'll tell my influential dad"-card.

Sponsored Links