View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2007, 1:25 am
Second Year

Re: HP Movie "Chapter-a-Day" DVD Discussion V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinMayflower View Post
One thing I forgot that I liked about this scene is this is probably the first time we get to see far more older students than younger students. PS and CoS were all young whereas PoA is just the same age, but this seems to be the first time where there are far more older students in shots than younger.
This made me remember that I forgot (!) to comment on Cedric Diggory. I have mentioned before, but I think they did some superb casting here. Like you wrote earlier, he has that aura of being very popular and charming - and being very used to it. And I don't mean that in a negative sense, I am just stating facts. (Or what I see as facts, anyway ).

When it comes to older students - I think there is a great faulty in this movie in one particular scene when it comes to this. It's in the Gryffindor common room when Ron and Harry are becoming friends again. You can easily see that the Weasley twins are older than all the others - and the only ones at their age. They tower over every single student in there. It really stands out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinMayflower View Post
Something as cartoon violent as bouncing a ferret around (most definately a SFX ferret) would have been tolerable if shot right.
True, I agree with you here. It's a delicate balance.

Sponsored Links