View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2011, 4:44 pm
First Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies

Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why?
~Deathly Hallows 2. It was so well done. The acting was amazing, the effects were amazing, and it was just an excellent movie!

If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it?
~Oh jeez. This is a tough one. I pretty much am obsessed with every minute of every movie. But I do like the epilogue of DH 2.

Directing

Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World?
~David Yates. He is such a great director, and I feel like the film really came together with him.

Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies?
~No. I think it is good to get a little bit from each director.

Storytelling

Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies? Examples: Coming of Age story of the Trio, Harry vs Voldemort, The Marauder vs Snape, Snape as Dumbledore's inside man etc.
~Harry vs Voldemort. It just seems to surreal the way that it all comes together.

Acting

Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)?
~I have to go with Daniel Radcliffe. (I know - everyone can come hit me with a stick and start protesting now.) But I think he portrays Harry very well (especially in DH 2!). I just think that he is a fantastic actor who was perfect for the role of Harry.

Which actor or actress in their role has been a revelation to you?
~Daniel Radcliffe. (again). I really do think that he does the best job with making the piece of script he is given sound so real.

Music

How important has music been to you while watching the movies?
~So important! I get all excited when it comes on.

Who is your favourite music composer?
~John Williams.

Which soundtrack is your favourite?
~DH 2. There are so many good tracks on it. I also really like GOF and OOTP.

What is your favourite music track?
~Hedwig's Theme. It's so classic!

Cinematography, Set Design, Costume Design etc.

Which movie has the best cinematography?
~That's a hard question. But I think I have to say DH 2. The lighting and other effects were very well done.

Best set design (props etc)?
~GoF. They did a fantastic job with all the props for the Triwizard Cup. But I also like DH 2. The scenery from the Battle of Hogwarts was amazing, too.

Best special effects?
~DH 2. (Again.) But I think they really did do a great job with the battle.

Best costumes?
~Please don't ask me to answer that. I love all the costumes.

Overall verdict
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series?
~Yes. They were the best movies in the world. They have been such a big part of me, and now that they are over, I am so sad. I can't believe that there will never be another movie. I love you, Harry James Potter, and I always will. <3

Peace. Love. Harry Potter.
<3

Proud Member of Gryffindor!!
Sponsored Links