View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:14 pm
First Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies

Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2. The Battle of Hogwarts was just phenomenal, the performances by this great cast was absolutely outstanding, and they nailed the big moments. Gringotts, the preparation for the battle was AMAZING sending chills up my spine, the battle itself, the Chamber of Secrets, the RoR, Snape's death scene, The Prince' Tale, The Forest Again, the speeches by Voldemort and Neville, and than the big battle we been waiting a decade for... Voldemort vs. Harry, and it was AWESOME! Everything about this movie was just amazing. Perfect.

If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it?
Wow, this question is insanely hard to answer because I love every moment in the HP series! My absolute favorite moment is The Prince's Tale, closely followed by the Battle of Hogwarts and the Graveyard scene in GoF.

Directing

Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World?
David Yates.

Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies?
I am very pleased with how it turned it. Yates was the best though, I would have loved to see his direction in the first four films.

Storytelling

Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies?
The Snape story arc.

Acting

Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)?
Alan Rickman as Severus Snape, closely followed by Ralph Fiennes portrayal of Lord Voldemort.

Which actor or actress in their role has been a revelation to you?
The trio of Dan, Emma, and Rupert, especially in the last 2 films, they have been outstanding and have turned into really great young actors and actresses.

Music

How important has music been to you while watching the movies?
Incredibly important. A great score makes a film feel much more epic. All of the score's for HP have been amazing! During battle's and emotional scenes the music has always been perfect.

Who is your favourite music composer?
Alexandre Desplat

Which soundtrack is your favourite?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2

What is your favourite music track?
So many amazing ones to chose from! Courtyard Apocalypse, Leaving Hogwarts, Hedwig's Theme, Obliviate, and Dumbledore's Farewell

Cinematography, Set Design, Costume Design etc.

Which movie has the best cinematography?
DH1 and DH2 had some outstanding cinematography, but the cinematography in HBP was absolutely mind blowing!

Best set design (props etc)?
DH2

Best special effects?
DH2.

Best costumes?
HBP

Overall verdict
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series?
YES. It brought this amazing magical world that JK Rowling created to life. The cast has been amazing! the filmmakers have been amazing! I thought the films kept getting better and better especially when David Yates took over. DH1 and DH2 were masterpiece's.

Last edited by Brady12; March 22nd, 2012 at 7:34 pm.
Sponsored Links