View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2010, 3:37 am
Third Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion v.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesseliza46 View Post
MsBinns, these guys aint so young anymore. miss watson is my age, daniel is a year older and rupurt is two years older.
Oh, I'm well aware of how old they are. Twenty-two still seems young to me! (especially when I still see them as 13 and 14 year olds haha)

I just wanted to share the reaction of a couple of my 10 graders who couldn't wait to tell me they'd seen the film over break when I saw them yesterday morning.

One young man, who has only seen the movies, told me he really loved it "except there was this scene where Harry and Hermione kiss...that was weird. I didn't like that." I asked him if the only reason he didn't like it was because *he* wanted to be the one kissing Emma Watson and he turned all red and left. I'm such a mean teacher! Three of my other tenth graders, who all have only seen the films, also loved it. I know I'm always curious how people who haven't read the books enjoy them so I just thought it was interesting.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Sponsored Links