The following FAQs compromise of the most popular questions that have been asked to staff over the months.
1. What is Hogsmeade?
- Hogsmeade is an area of CoS that is rewarded to members who have at least 300 posts of good quality in the qualifying areas of the forum.
2. How is Hogsmeade access judged?
- A team of staff lead by gertiekeddle have their own area where assessments are made on individuals by analyzing both posts and behaviour
3. How do I find out if I have access?
- You will be informed via Owl that you have access. You will then see the Hogsmeade area from the main page of the site.
4. What's inside Hogsmeade?
- Various forums for chatting, thread-based games and our very large arcade games area, with dozens of flash-powered games for you to play
5. I have more than 300 posts, why am I not in Hogsmeade yet?
- You are not in Hogsmeade for possibly, but not all the following reasons -
6. What does a lifetime ban mean?
- It means that at some stage you had a username that was banned. When you are banned, you are not welcome back on CoS and any subsequent attempts to return to the site means you automatically lose out on any privileges that rule abiding members would normally have. No extenuating circumstances will be considered. If you have been banned and you return, you do so against the will of the staff and owner.
7. Can a person lose their Hogsmeade access?
- Yes, a person can. Hogsmeade is a reward for good behaviour and a degree of bad behaviour can have an impact on your continued use of this area.
8. Is there any way I can speed up my entry?
- No, there isn't. You will get entry when it's deemed right and appropriate.
9. If post only in one specific qualifying area will that work against me?
- No, not necessarily. It may take longer for you to be approved as the committee may wish to take longer to see if you do branch out a bit around the forums. However if your posts are good enough you should find entry will come at some stage.
Some useful links for you:
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|